• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

USAF007 build thread

This build thread does not show any building???

ok guys. Need some advice. Apparantly we put the lower control arms on upside down. The adj. end is supposed to be at the frame, NOT the axle. We have it at the axle. So, my question is this, Could I just quickly swap them around? Or do I need to jack it up and drop the axle again? I REALLY dont want to have to get another alignment and would like this to go as quick as possible lol.

Best way to change a short arm is to put a jack under the frame and lift it slightly but leave the tires on the ground. This way both the tires and the frame are held in place. Now unbolt the arm, flip it around & put it back in. You will sometimes still have to fight alignment of parts but if it was easy it wouldn't be satisfying.
That said.. I really don't think it matters beyond getting a little extra crud on the joints.

How tight are all your bolts?
LCA bolts are 85 ft-lbs, uppers are 55 in front 65 in rear, stock size track bar bolt is 40 ft-lbs (sounds low, but it's right out of my FSM)
Look around for any recently missing paint / new scrapes. Witness marks, they're called, and they can show you exactly what the problem is.

I'll retorque everything down tomorrow. Although the main studs seem to be tight. The lock nuts on the adj end cane loose on the track bar and one of the UCAs I put blue locktite and tightened then down again today.

Back