• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

USAF007 build thread

got everything in today. Thing is BEEFY. I wasn't expecting how beefy it is. 200lbs total.

Ill post up pics as soon as I have them transferred

Here is my 3" with 31's because that's where this thread started before it went big and went home.
(holly crap, I used tinypic and it ain't so tiny)

2z7pg2b.jpg

what are the specks on your wheels?

One thing I never cared for with the new RC arms, you have to assemble them yourself. Why can't they be already assembled when they are shipped to the buyer? FYI I've had RC 3" front coils/4.5" rear leafs/older shocks before 2.2's. Will never have RC anything again. Rode like crap! Hey you might be able to put up with it though. After a few extended trips you will be changing parts guaranteed. I get that you just want to get it up in the air but spending too quickly leads to spending more in the long run. Everyone starts somewhere and has to learn somehow.

Thanks man. I'm pretty hard headed and usually end up doing shit like this haha. I will say this. I really don't see how it could row any worse than it does the socks are SHOT

33's more than likely, possibly 31's. 12.5" wide tire. I'm looking at the buy 4 get the 5th free deal from quadratec, 325 shipped for all 5

oh snap. I can get the shinny ones in 15X8 AND they are even less! SAWEET. I can always spray them flat black.

$255 shipped for 5 wheels. HELL YES.

Don't forget about re-gearing ,you build your jeep according to your plan and you will hate driving it ...been there , its an intimidating mod but well worth it .
Also I consider a gas tank skid high priority , if you really wanna take this dude off the grid a split plastic tank is the beginning of a crappy reality show.

Haha thanks. If I had the confidence to do the gearing myself I would. I've paid ti have three vehicles re geared. One of which twice, foxing someone else's ****up who said he knew what he was doing

Thanks man!! Yea I'm really debating 31's vs 33's right now. Not a huge price difference per tire but gas, regearing, etc

You're in Iowa so your results may vary but in California, I had a hard time pulling highway grades on 31s & stock gearing. So you might wind up wanting to re-gear anyway for 31's, in which case you might wish you'd gone all the way to 33s. Around town I was fine on 31s & stock gearing - I had to use more throttle to get away from a stoplight at the same pace - but on the highway I had to plan ahead, drop to 3rd gear, and get all the way to the right for every damn grade.

Back