• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

upper control arm XJ

Give Jason at rough county a call...... The ones that you linked are really thin and those welds, although may be perfectly fine, do not look to healthy. Just my .02

Give Jason at rough county a call...... The ones that you linked are really thin and those welds, although may be perfectly fine, do not look to healthy. Just my .02

thin as in the tubing wall thicknees or tubing OD.

look about the same as my RE upper control arms

orrin,

i wouldnt run poly bushings without a flex joint at the other end, the arm needs to twist when the axle droops.

Those look good.

The welds are fine just the gloss paint makes themm look like they are just sitting on top of the tubing.

I dont really care for the flat plate bent around for the axle end mounts but I reckon itll work. I used 1 1/4" b7 all thread on my LAs. 1" should do fine

You are looking at a pictures. I happen to know the builder. He fabricated all the mounts on my D44 and welded them to it. He is a top notch guy and was a profesional fabricator for a truck body company before he went out on his own to build 4x4 toys. He built my long arms and work with me on my 3 link design. Andy has a kid and has wheeled with me on more then one occasion. He is not going to sell something that is sudstandard. IIRC he uses the exact same tube that RE uses in their arms.

This was before additional gussets were added.
D44Pumpkin.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys its Andy, These are my arms and i will stand by the welds seeing that they are welded twice at every joint with a root and final weld every weld every time. I have been in fabrication for 11 years and do not sell substandard parts as ghost said. As well as provision for my family my product line is intended to be an affordable alternative to the "big" companies because with our current state of economy its not fair that only the "rich" kids can play while the rest of us have to sit on the bench or have dangerous rigs because we cant afford the 5-600 dollars to dial in our suspension. All of the poly joints utilize a tapered DOM sleeve that allows for a negative exponential spring rate of the poly allowing for more flex while still providing a firm ride. when installed correctly with proper torque on the jam nut with loctite these arms perform great and provide a great alternative to paying the big bucks. Thanks for the interest and happy wheeling. -Andy

Hi Andy..
The control arms look great ...what other products do you make?
Might be time to get a NAXJA vendor membership.

Working on it. He built all my steering too. Hint hint.

Thanks, I make upper and lower control arms all adjustable for xj,s tj,s zj,z and wj,s
I am working on an adjustable rear shackle for XJ,s and Mj,s that allows 1-2.5 inches of lift and adjustability in 1/14th of an inch increments for fine tuning rear suspension height.
I also build HD motor mounts and ghost wants me to build the HD tie rods again but nobody spends money on their steering until its too late heh. I am working on the vendor status with glen
I am also trying to get flex joints on my control arms but I wont do it until i can get it cheap enough to get my customers a good price. I do everything I can to save u guys money and control arms with flex joints are way too expensive. My intentions are to get a set available for around 160.00 with a flex joint at the frame and poly at the axle.
I cant guarantee anything though I am chasing down joint manufactures to see what I can do.
I apologize to anyone who is offended by me not having vendor status we are working on that.
andy

When you're ready to do the Vendor status thing, send me a PM.

Cal
(the sponsorship guy)

another Iron Man advocate here, hello Andy Curt here,just wanted to add my.02 worth Andy is a top notch fabricator as i have told him many times

Last edited:
another Iron Man advocate here ,hello Andy Curt here ,just wanted to add my .02 worth i am currently running his shackles on my xj and am looking forward to getting my uca's and lca's from him as well as motor mounts,i have been dealing with Andy for a while now and highly reccomend him to all my friends who wheel ,he is an extremely tallented fabricator and does a very nice job on his design process he builds very capable parts at a great price and i would not be scared to run any of his stuff on my or my wifes rig ,thanks for the deals Andy and keep up the good work ,your friend Curt Childress

I can show you all kinds of pictures of what he has done. I know he has pictures on photobucket but currently I don't think he has a website. Hey Andy we might need to look into that.... LOL!

Back