• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U bolt eliminators

UBE's are just not safe... everything on a XJ should be bolted on, everyone knows that...

I for one trust (4) 5/8" G8 bolts more than U-bolts...

Also, I didnt read everything so I'm sure I missed this but one good aspect to the UBEs it the ability to set you pinion angle w/o the use of shims. It's also a nice wide, easy 0.5 - 1.5" lift...

The TNT kit also come w/ some nice upper plates that make the addition of bumpstops very easy...

You're pretty much killing multiple birds with one stone.
-Reducing axle wrap
-correct pinion angle
-gain lift
-adjustable wheel-base
-relocated shock mounts for clearance
-bump stop plate
I for one think these are a great idea and well worth the $125

jrowell said:
Your relying on the weld on a stock spring perch... what's the difference?

Are you being serious here? The difference is the 4 large bolts clamping the springs directly to the axle housing! Bad welds on a stock setup, the pinion ends up pointing at the backseat. Bad welds on a ubolt eliminator kit and the axle is out from under the Jeep. Tell me you were kidding.

JJacobs said:
Are you being serious here? The difference is the 4 large bolts clamping the springs directly to the axle housing! Bad welds on a stock setup, the pinion ends up pointing at the backseat. Bad welds on a ubolt eliminator kit and the axle is out from under the Jeep. Tell me you were kidding.

Ok maybe if you suck that bad at welding. If you can find (1) complaint from someone who has actually used these on their rig then I'd like to hear it.

JJacobs said:

My point is any spring perch you put on has to be welded. If you have ever held these, you can see there is a large area to weld to, inside & out. There is probably 4-5 times more area than a normal perch. They are not coming off. There is no doubt in my mind that these are way stronger than the stock setup.

If you're not a competent welder, or you don't know one, these are not for you. Stick with your stock ones.

I bought a set and sent them back because they were way wide. I had already raised my shock mounts and didnt want to cut them off just so I could gain enough clearance to weld the UBE's to the axle housing. They are beefy that is for sure. If I hadnt already raised my shock mounts and didnt want to mess with cutting them off I would have installed them with the provided shock mounts.

here are some pics of the UBEs that i have (1" flavor)

they are absolutley massive
IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_4676.jpg

IMG_4677.jpg

IMG_4681.jpg

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

no one mentioned that they came with high-clearance shock mounts as well
IMG_4678.jpg

I stiil don't buy it. You add lift in the worst possible way to increase axel wrap and if you weld them on how would you have an adjustable pinion angle? Bad plan on an XJ I think.

Stumpalump said:
I stiil don't buy it. You add lift in the worst possible way to increase axel wrap and if you weld them on how would you have an adjustable pinion angle? Bad plan on an XJ I think.

the point is that you can adjust you pinion angle to your liking, unlike with stock perches where u need a shim on the leaf pack

these are 100x better then lift blocks and a lot safer too

bmyohn said:
you could try to fab some up urself

I thought about that and will probably have to. Its just been hard to find the time to do much work on the heep you know. I was hoping to find some I could just buy and be done with it but looks like I am going to have to just try and make the time to do it.

JJacobs said:

I have to agree with JJacobs on this one!! But I have seen them in action, as my bro JWTrapper uses them on his rig and he is happy with them.

yes, you can add them later, it's just more of a pita.

I have a set that I'm not using if anyone wants, pm me.

Stumpalump said:

Some of us have blocks and traction bars, myself included (1.5" blocks}, and axle wrap is not an issue. But so far whats kept me from ordering up a set of tnt ube's for my new D44 build is the pinion angle.If the lift goes up or down at a later date, there goes the adjustability of the pinion angle unless I cut and re-weld.

ColoradoRaptor said:
I have to agree with JJacobs on this one!! But I have seen them in action, as my bro JWTrapper uses them on his rig and he is happy with them.

I agree, Bad welds make everything unsafe. Maybe you guys shouldn't be welding on stuff 8>)

jrowell said:
I agree, Bad welds make everything unsafe. Maybe you guys shouldn't be welding on stuff 8>)

I agree... all this talk about bad welds.. I mean come on it's not rocket science and you have plenty of area to burn in.. If you're not comfortable welding on a UBE (or having someone do it) please just stick to bolt on parts...

I mean welding on a UBE is pretty hard to screw up :confused1

Back