• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turbo charged 4.0 xj

yeah, its about 60-70lb injectors, which will actually idle at 14:1 afr @31psi

the problem w/ a progressive fpr (rising rate, FMU, all the same garbage) is say you run larger injectors, 40lb@49 psi. the MAX pressure those injectors should ever see is 49 + 10%, so ~54psi. and youre running a small FMU (2:1, where theyre avail up to 12:1). so now you have 49psi at 0 boost, and 15 lbs of boost. so thats 30 psi added to your fuel pressure, now you have 79psi at the rail and injectors. even if you spend the 100's on stainless lines and -an fittings, its still WAY too much pressure for the injectors.

and the stupid honda ricers running 12:1 fmu's and 90000000 psi fuel pumps are literally pressurizing their fuel system to close to 300 psi, ive seen set ups, 12:1 fmu's 20 psi of boost. and ive seen ALOT of car fire pics because of fuel leaks.

run an EMS (programable computer) or dont boost it

j99xj said:
Diesels run very high fuel pressures, like 20,000 psi. So it is possible with the right equipment.
Audi came out with one recently (im sure its been done before) called FSI. Cool stuff.

Pro Stock John said:
Come on grow up. I mentioned what I am running to show the fact that I know a little about this stuff, not to mention I own www.ls1tech.com. Back in 98-01, we used 24 lb injectors to make 300-375rwhp NA.

I'm with Teal here, it's getting old. You bring it up in at least half of your replies. So you own the website that you are trying to plug in almost every thread you reply in, inside this forum. Is that supposed to make it less annoying? No one else here feels the need to present their credentials everytime they offer up some information or insight into a topic. So neither should you, give it a rest.

I'm going to half to 2nt that PRO STOCK JOHN!!!!!!!!

Why not just enter it in you signature and then it will be there at the bottom of your post, for any one interested to click on but............. you will not have to reference it every time you have a comment on a subject!;)

flash.

Flash said:
I'm going to half to 2nt that PRO STOCK JOHN!!!!!!!!

Why not just enter it in you signature and then it will be there at the bottom of your post, for any one interested to click on but............. you will not have to reference it every time you have a comment on a subject!;)

flash.

Man I hope english is your second language.............:helpme:

Sorry I thought folks would want to see the pics. I don't need to plug my site, I have 86,000 registered users.

Anyway, I run my car at 43 psi base fuel pressure. Stock for my car is 57 psi. But I am also running a BS3 (aftermarket computer) and low impedance injectors, where my stock injectors are hi impedance.

I'm going to assume the XJ uses high impedance injectors. The 60 lb Motron/Mototrons are popular and there are deals out there, but RC Engineering also makes 75 lb'ers.

Food for thought, at 15 psi mister cranky will be doubling the 'atmosphere.' So he would be at 1 bar. One veteran FI guru, Kurt from W2W, told me a few years ago to look at the power increase like this. If you make ___rwhp stock, at 1bar you would essentially double your power. So if stock you make 200rwhp, at 15psi you would make 400rwhp. Of course if you dyno a car without locking the torque converter, the numbers will be lower and not represent 100% what the vehicle's true power level.

I figure my car through the unlocked T400 would hit like 325rwhp since I'm at 8:1, so I figure 650rwhp at 1bar sounds about right for me.

Over in LS1 world, I have been told on a number of occasions to keep my IATs (inlet air temps) below 150F. I was told by a few shops that anything above that is problematic.

Lastly, with my blower LT1 friends, they would remove a lot of timing when they ran 8-9 psi on pump gas.

I'm going to look into methonal injection at some point.

I don't mean to get off on the wrong foot with anyone, and have suggested in past posts on here that folks go over to www.turbomustangs.com to research DIY turbo setups too.

91 Jeep Project said:
Man I hope english is your second language.............:helpme:

And the shiit stirring again!.......my hope is that i can speak as eloquent as you............when i have reach over 4000 post!!!!! AND I'M NOT BEING A SMART ASSSSS! I'm Serious ! Practice make perfect and by the time I have reach your post level, maybe even you, will be able to under stand the works that are coming out my........finger.....ss:sunshine:

Flash.

MTBKR, did you part out the kit back then? I might be interested if you still have it. I could get a 'cooler fabbed up.

mtbkr said:
I hate to say it but I pulled it last summer. I made some comments about the problem in another thread about turbos here on naxja the other day. The problem was to much heat not a big suprise though, its hard enughto keep an xj cool without sticking a turbo under the intake. I had lots of problems with melting things that were anywere near the turbo. Also on hot days I could tell that I really needed an intercooler. Other than those minor problems that I wasnt willing to tolerate everything was peachy. The jeep really did run very well even in the heat but as I said every thing around the turbo just couldnt take it. Ow ya the air fuel gauge was pretty much useless although I never had a problem with not getting enugh fuel. I can say having a turbo or a supercharger is the way to go sure beats stock, but if I did it again I would have a intercooler and I would probably hang the turbo out the top of the hood. I can say that its no fun to melt your clutchs hydro line and have to drive 250 miles home without a clutch. Jack

I have them on my computer. If someone wants them, or wants to host them then send me a PM with your email. Its 11 pics, about 1.5MB total.

BBeach said:
And handle, imagine with an open diff. party1:

Open Diff FTMFL ...

open diff makes having ANY power over stock hard to put down...

N20Jeep said:
Open Diff FTMFL ...

open diff makes having ANY power over stock hard to put down...

One tire fryer!1!!!!:guitar:

When i was 16, and had my first vehicle(1960 ford pickup) The only way that i could spin one tire was to go in reverse and the Quickly put it in 2nt, floor it, and pop the clutch:shocked: nice skinny black mark for a but a half a block!:eyes: :passgas: :anon: :D .

After replacing the banjo center section of the rear end, from the wrecking yard, twice, I learned to be nicer to the rear end.(one tire fryer's are vary, vary hard on rear ends:twak: )

Every on thought that my truck was so fast:banghead: when actually it was a gutless wonder!(n) :speepin:

Flash.

Back