• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Noobfest Camp Out: 6/2 - 6/3

Hey guys. Forgive me for some of my ignorant questions but here they come. So as you can see from my join date I have been lurking for a long time. I have owned 3 XJ's and built two of them but never wheeled any of them or been to Browns. My old XJ's had lifts and tires on them but the current one I have is running stock everything. I read in the first post by TORX that this is a total NOOB run but while tagging a long with the group are their turn outs where I can just watch and get the feel of things by watching rather than taking a complete stocker through things?

Thanks!~
GO!!!! you will have a good time!!

Hey guys. Forgive me for some of my ignorant questions but here they come. So as you can see from my join date I have been lurking for a long time. I have owned 3 XJ's and built two of them but never wheeled any of them or been to Browns. My old XJ's had lifts and tires on them but the current one I have is running stock everything. I read in the first post by TORX that this is a total NOOB run but while tagging a long with the group are their turn outs where I can just watch and get the feel of things by watching rather than taking a complete stocker through things?

Thanks!~
This run is totally stock XJ friendly. We've had several bone stock XJ's come out in years past.

The run on Saturday will be focused on getting a feel for your rig, and running some easy/moderate trails. If there's a tough section we'll spot you through it. The obstacles like Mini Rubicon that I posted pictures of are not part of the beginner run, and always have a bypass around them.

This will be a good run to check out TSF with a group, and get a feel for your XJ. Hope you can make it.

i just got the front end back. it will go in saturday. i still have no idea what im doing about front shocks and brake lines until i can flex it and mesure. also i need to pick up another front DS or two. gears need broke in, shop needs moved/cleaned, and i have a fiscal inventory to deal with at work. plus i may have a booth at the swapmeet on sunday the 3rd. so i just cant make this one happen. ATM im trying to salvage a summer :flamemad:

ill be on the trail soon, :scottm:

I want to come out the 2nd but wonder if I should. I have a 1990 new to me stock xj. I have fist aid and fire extinguisher, spare, jack (bottle) I know there are things I need to get to go wheeling but for this "noob" (me) tripe will i have to have the tow points on the front or tow straps? or anything else? If I can make this because of missing equipment when will then next noob weekend happen?

I want to come out the 2nd but wonder if I should. I have a 1990 new to me stock xj. I have fist aid and fire extinguisher, spare, jack (bottle) I know there are things I need to get to go wheeling but for this "noob" (me) tripe will i have to have the tow points on the front or tow straps? or anything else? If I can make this because of missing equipment when will then next noob weekend happen?
This is the one run a year where there really are no vehicle requirements. You're already ahead of the game with the extinguisher and first aid kit. All I ask is you make sure your vehicle is in good running order before hitting the trail (do a good once over before hand, and address any known issues).

We always welcome new people to come out on our runs, and we'll make sure you don't get in over your head. However, this run is really dedicated to an easy day of wheeling (stocker approved), and getting to know your Jeep and TSF. I encourage you to make it out if you can.

This is the one run a year where there really are no vehicle requirements. You're already ahead of the game with the extinguisher and first aid kit. All I ask is you make sure your vehicle is in good running order before hitting the trail (do a good once over before hand, and address any known issues).

We always welcome new people to come out on our runs, and we'll make sure you don't get in over your head. However, this run is really dedicated to an easy day of wheeling (stocker approved), and getting to know your Jeep and TSF. I encourage you to make it out if you can.

well count me in then. thank you for having events like this.

I am planning to camp out friday night and wheel saturday. Anyone else going to be there friday night?

I am planning to camp out friday night and wheel saturday. Anyone else going to be there friday night?

i hope to be there friday afternoon.

Back