• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trying to fit a front Wagoneer Dana44? Pics

Well.Double check that info.

I thought the 30 spline shafts were 1.33" and the 19 spline stubs were 1.25". Last time I tried sticking a 30 spline shaft in a D44 spindle was yesterday and it wouldn't fit.

(The spindle was a small bearing Chevy out of a '74).

Double checked :thumbup:

RCV Standard D44 CV Shafts

1.312" ID needed for the spindle, they say to check and make sure. I had heard some people needed to open up their spindles for this.

And 30 spline stubs are the only option for it.

Guys, I'm still trying to reach the owner of the Waggy semi-complete axle to see how much he wants. In the meantime I'm trying to search for all the alternatives out there for the Dana44 for my XJ and comapre cost vs benefits.

Found the Dynatrac has these axles ready to bolt in my XJ. There are two types basically.

DYNATRAC PRO ROCK 44 FRONT AXLE ASSEMBLY - XJ/TJ -JK That goes US$1959 for this:

Standard Equipment
Complete custom Pro Rock 44 front axle housing with 12 month limited warranty
Custom machined Dynatrac high ground clearance, high pinion (reverse-cut) heavy duty nodular iron housing
Axle width 60.5” (stock TJ, XJ) or 65.5” (stock JK) when outfitted w/stock wheel endsr
Standard housing geometry, pinion angle, and wheel alignment for customer’s suspension
Uses new generation JK ring and pinion
Dynatrac Pro Series nodular iron differential cover
Dynatrac Jeep coil spring bracket set (Includes heavy duty brackets and installation, trac bar bracket & shock mounts included)
Heavy Duty 3.0” X .313”(5/16th”) wall DOM housing tube assemblies
Dynatrac Pro Series extra strength end forgings w/ball joints installedr
Detailed and painted Dynatrac’s signature gloss black

And well it needs the whole drivetrain parts to make it work. I'm dealer for ARB so I can get my lcoker fairly cheaper, was thinkign to add RCV CV joints and need to buy R&P with all the sims/bearings from the JK (Mopar). And I can keep the otter/ends stuff of my XJ, I will just need to buy new 30 spline unibearing hubs only. Among other miscelaneous stuff that will bring the cost maybe arround 4k wich is quite a lot.

This is very tentative option but can't spend that much in once and need my XJ to the sand asap. Oh crapp!

Guys, I'm still trying to reach the owner of the Waggy semi-complete axle to see how much he wants. In the meantime I'm trying to search for all the alternatives out there for the Dana44 for my XJ and comapre cost vs benefits.

Found the Dynatrac has these axles ready to bolt in my XJ. There are two types basically.

DYNATRAC PRO ROCK 44 FRONT AXLE ASSEMBLY - XJ/TJ -JK That goes US$1959 for this:

Standard Equipment
Complete custom Pro Rock 44 front axle housing with 12 month limited warranty
Custom machined Dynatrac high ground clearance, high pinion (reverse-cut) heavy duty nodular iron housing
Axle width 60.5” (stock TJ, XJ) or 65.5” (stock JK) when outfitted w/stock wheel endsr
Standard housing geometry, pinion angle, and wheel alignment for customer’s suspension
Uses new generation JK ring and pinion
Dynatrac Pro Series nodular iron differential cover
Dynatrac Jeep coil spring bracket set (Includes heavy duty brackets and installation, trac bar bracket & shock mounts included)
Heavy Duty 3.0” X .313”(5/16th”) wall DOM housing tube assemblies
Dynatrac Pro Series extra strength end forgings w/ball joints installedr
Detailed and painted Dynatrac’s signature gloss black

And well it needs the whole drivetrain parts to make it work. I'm dealer for ARB so I can get my lcoker fairly cheaper, was thinkign to add RCV CV joints and need to buy R&P with all the sims/bearings from the JK (Mopar). And I can keep the otter/ends stuff of my XJ, I will just need to buy new 30 spline unibearing hubs only. Among other miscelaneous stuff that will bring the cost maybe arround 4k wich is quite a lot.

This is very tentative option but can't spend that much in once and need my XJ to the sand asap. Oh crapp!

I spent all that and more on a D44 once. Couldn't do it again though.

I would be grabbing a HP60 and doing it up for that much cash and I would build it myself.

Just sopke with the guy and he wants arround US$550 for the whole unit assambled, not sure if is a good price , but down here we don't have so many junkyards that carry this type of axle or shopps that has them so I guess is fair price.

He is goign to check in his shopp inventary (old used stuff) for a dana44 carrier and R&P for 4.10 ratio to match my rear end. I don't think this company has the right adapter for the back to convert it to 6 bolt but something similar I would need.

http://www.spidertrax.com/2007-Up-JK-to-Wrangler

Later I will have to add and ARB lcoker and then the RCV cv joints.

Back