• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trunk storage ideas

thats a lot of OBA!
I just carry a 5# tank.
it's good for about 12-14 33" tire fill-ups.
most places I wheel at have air.
I just carry it for emergency trail use.

BOB

Yeah, that's probably a little more than most would need. If they're low pressure bottles, (which they look to be) each one holds about 2k psi. I guess if 1 is good, 2 is better.

we drilled three holes in the rear and both sides.

BOB

thinking about splitting my back seat so behind the driver is a "toolbox" or storage box that will fold open but will sit about 6 inches higher than the seat so its flush with my trunk storage idea...i'll try to get some pics or some kind of drawing up

Those are firefighting SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) bottles that he's probably turned into OBA tanks.

tkjeeper: Do you have any more pictures of that setup (different angles)?

I think thats the only angle I have on that, they were 4500 psi bottles, fibreglass wrapped around aluminum, still have 3, would be perfect for under jeep mount, never rust, they are for sale if anyones interested. I would like a little more secure setup for mounting, but I'm satisfied they're secure enough for now, but I like overkill. Thanks guys

I think thats the only angle I have on that, they were 4500 psi bottles, fibreglass wrapped around aluminum, still have 3, would be perfect for under jeep mount, never rust, they are for sale if anyones interested. I would like a little more secure setup for mounting, but I'm satisfied they're secure enough for now, but I like overkill. Thanks guys

Nothing wrong with overkill. It looks like a pretty nice setup. If you get a chance, PM me the details on how you set up your regulators and what not.
:thumbup:

Hey Bob, very good point. Did you happen to take any pics of the cargo area after the crash? I've been wanting to build a rear cargo rack but I'm a little concerned about what would happen in a wreck. I installed rear headrests which was the first step, but I want to do more research before going forward with the mod.

I looked around.....I thought I had a few shots from the juck yard....but I can't find em.:eye:

Back