• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trucks Tv Xj build on Spike TV Sunday

They changed it to where new ones play on saturday and they repeat them on sunday.

They need to show about how to replace the floor pans, seems like there is a post every few weeks on here about someone finding a huge rust hole under there carpet.

Yeah, that damn "TRUCKS" is working on that fiberglass bodied rig this week. You ever watch "TWO GUYS GARAGE" on "Speed Channel"? That guy's pretty down to earth. I also like "Dream Car Garage". BTW, I guess Boyd Coddington passed away, so theres no more "American HotRod".

So have we lost the chance to see the XJ build up on "Trucks"? I have new episodes coming on Sunday and last weeks repeats show on Saturday. Thank goodness for Tivo.

Episode II: BLEAH!

Fresh paint on a "budget/beater" truck?

And BUSHWACKERS?!? $400 flares, again, on a "budget" truck? And pinch seam? We don' need no steekin pinch seam! Hack it to the belt line!

And best of all: Recovery shackles and a 2" receiver, all mounted on the stock six bolts?

Damn. Makes me appreciate everything I've learned here at NAXJA...

Robert

I was thinking the same thing. Not to mention the CNC plasma cutter. Real Cheap! They only made the mounts for the bumper to the factory 3 bolts. If you're building a $300 bumper with a $10k plasma cutter, do it right.

Those MATCO guys only removed half the wheelwell to get those worthless BWhackers in there. Nice choice there gents. There is now a 3" wide open gap behind your plastic fenders.

Hey TRUCKS! If you need a consultant to not look like asses, gimme a call.

Last edited:
Yeah, then you can join us in mocking their efforts, and feeling all superior... :moon:

Robert

Yep....

I am going to set my VCR, YES VCR, no Tivo in my place (it sucks) and record the show, that way I can actually watch it when I get back from grocery shopping......

Ya, I got a 16MPG grocery getter...... I can still kick some asses in it though....

Robert 771 said:
Episode II: BLEAH!

Fresh paint on a "budget/beater" truck?

And BUSHWACKERS?!? $400 flares, again, on a "budget" truck? And pinch seam? We don' need no steekin pinch seam! Hack it to the belt line!

And best of all: Recovery shackles and a 2" receiver, all mounted on the stock six bolts?

Damn. Makes me appreciate everything I've learned here at NAXJA...

Robert

My thoughts EXACTLY! I might be losing respect for that show...

Cheep must only refer to the purchase price of the jeep, because their "shoestring budget" is one fat shoestring.

I like how they are usong tools everyone has in their garage, yeah right.....
$435 JD2 tubing bender & stand
$2k frame puller
$10k torchmate cnc plamsa rig

They used that camera to go inside the valve cover and you could see all the sludge on the rockers, that was great.

89Daytona said:
Cheep must only refer to the purchase price of the jeep, because their "shoestring budget" is one fat shoestring.

I like how they are usong tools everyone has in their garage, yeah right.....
$435 JD2 tubing bender & stand
$2k frame puller
$10k torchmate cnc plamsa rig

They used that camera to go inside the valve cover and you could see all the sludge on the rockers, that was great.

Why is everyone complaining about the tools. Who cares if they use tools that are expensive.

kdailey4315 said:
Why is everyone complaining about the tools. Who cares if they use tools that are expensive.

x2. at least they are building a cherokee. You dont see alot of those on the shows, Its mostly cjs and tjs. I'm thinking they caught the bug? doesnt everyone who starts to build one on a budget end up dumping way to much into it?

Back