• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailblazer 4.2L Oil filter upgrade?

downeastxj

NAXJA Forum User
So the wife and I bought a 2003 Trailblazer EXT with a 4.2l back in May. So far it has been great, no problems at all. It's time for it's first oil change. I looked on the Trailblazer forums to see if I could find out any info about a larger oil filter for it, like using the Wix 51515 on our 4.0's. Well those sites are not quite up to the same level of tech as NAXJA. Any one know if there is a larger filter that will fit. The Wix part number for the stock filter for a 2003 GM 4.2 is 51522.

Thanks

I'd have to say that the stock one should be big enough. I use the s-10 style for the 4.3 for my 3.8 in my Grand Prix GTP and it's the same size as your stock one for that truck. I would just buy a good quality filter such as the Wix or an AMSOIL filter and call it good for 5k.

If you contact a dealer you can ask for part numbers. I forget the exact numbers, but there is a short and a tall filter they can use. Just cross reference that with wix/napa gold filter.
I believe that the ACdelco is a PF61, which is a taller filter. A good quality filter will be just fine.

Back