• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Difficulties/Requirements...?

I'm planning on running a few blacks to start, then moving up from there... locked f/r, 4.88s, 36" sxs and a winch, not afraid of body damage...should i bother with the blacks? :laugh3: :D

youll have fun both places, im sure whatever group is running reds will be runing black as there arent a heck of a lot of them.

Green: dirt roads to light mud and small rocks.

Rig reccomendations for green trails: stock with 4wd and 1 tow point just incase.

Blue: light trails, rock gardens, possibly mud, technical sections.

Rig reccomendations for blue trails: 31" tires or larger, ability to disconnect swaybars, at least one tow point.

Black: technical rock gardens, possibility of deep mud, difficult hillclimbs, body damage likely, rollovers/flops possible.

Rig reccomendations for black trails: 33" offroad tires (all terrains or better)or larger, one locker, transfer case skid plate, other armor reccomended. front and rear tow points.

Red: intense hillclimbs, extrememly technical rock sections, body damage highly likely, increased chance of rollovers/flops.

Rig reccomendations for red trails: 35" offroad tires (mud terrains or better) or larger, 2 lockers, transfer case skid plate, gas tank skid plate, rocker protection, other armor, front and rear tow points.

You may have the trail designations mixed up. Red trails are the hardest, then Blacks, which are typically just "hard", then Blues which are "moderate", then Greens which are technical fire roads (the easiest). RC even has a few "Purple" trails. These are not quite a Blue, but not quite a Black.

If you have a rear locker and "some skills" I would say you won't have any trouble handling blacks. If you don't get your rear locker in, Blacks will be more of a challenge, but you'll be OK. You may want to start out on Blues, then work your way up.

Ohh you know what, yea I did have them mixed up and from what your saying I think your right I'm good where I am now with my decision. thanks for clearing it up more for me

maybe these will help yall decide (that and im a vid whore)

here is the upper section of jotters way, (red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtEsT8OJolk

here is upper cv trail (a high red)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irlfV8AgBJMated

random hillclimb near the comp course(black)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pONXiJ8Lss

the gauntlet (cliffside) (red i think)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni-lHA4eKKU

damn damn damn!! I hate my work and it's youtube hatred :flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:

no you don't trust me...heehee:):)I, on the other hand, have to stop BLINDLY saying "yeah lets do that" and "OK" sure.
STROKER

Yeah, and I immediately say "Alright, lets do it.... I'll get you through....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

LOL!!!! " And this is Ben... otherwise known as "The Guinea Pig".....

I was watching KTM's vid of the crack on CV, that brought back some fond memories of wedging your MJ through there...

Yeah, and I immediately say "Alright, lets do it.... I'll get you through....:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I was watching KTM's vid of the crack on CV, that brought back some fond memories of wedging your MJ through there...

how did ya do on it?

as soon as i was on my side there i no longer could make forward progress so i had to back out.

and pix!?

So exciting... :D

I'm pumped and can't wait to have never wanted a cage more :D :D :D

how did ya do on it?

as soon as i was on my side there i no longer could make forward progress so i had to back out.

and pix!?

Not bad, going into the crack he climbed the lower ramp-looking ledge on the drivers side, getting the sidewall of the tire in hard against the rock face (it was a sweet line...) and got the pass. side front tire right through the crack and up on the rock, the drivers side rear was climbing the same ledge, but the pass side rear was stuck in the hole to the right of the crack. We tried a bunch of things to get that pass side tire to climb, but it was just too undercut. We ended up pulling the winch cable (I am REALLY anti-stacking rocks...) and getting him up over that spot, then wedged the bed in HARD in the crack and had to winch again. It is an extremely hard line. Most of the damage to his bed is from that crack...

There are pics and a vid somewhere, Ben probably has them.

i wanna eventually get my revenge on that section. that was the last obstacle my green jeep attempted.

the only reason i tried it was because i was pissed my shocks were blown out and i couldnt keep traction on the flat climb to the right of it so i was like "hmm what about that?" lol

Not bad, going into the crack he climbed the lower ramp-looking ledge on the drivers side, getting the sidewall of the tire in hard against the rock face (it was a sweet line...) and got the pass. side front tire right through the crack and up on the rock, the drivers side rear was climbing the same ledge, but the pass side rear was stuck in the hole to the right of the crack. We tried a bunch of things to get that pass side tire to climb, but it was just too undercut. We ended up pulling the winch cable (I am REALLY anti-stacking rocks...) and getting him up over that spot, then wedged the bed in HARD in the crack and had to winch again. It is an extremely hard line. Most of the damage to his bed is from that crack...

There are pics and a vid somewhere, Ben probably has them.

I have the video. If I get a chance, I will post it up. If I remember correctly, that whole adventure was my idea. :viking: That was a fun day where Andy also almost got run over...

NOT BAD, that sucked that was a winch fest all the way, but i would like to re-attack that.

nf0744-.jpg

rob%20under.jpg

and some how rob was always under the thing.

STROKER

cant forget the first nac fest he was at, how long did it take before we were changing a frt axle shaft

at the NAC M&G last spring, it was about two hours before we were pulling my front shafts... :explosion

andy presented me with another chance to upgrade party1:

i got vid from earlier in the day, for some reason its NAC tradition to break things early on the first day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2crK7PEq6-E

probably the most progress I made on it

n1363110079_30072538_5760.jpg

i thought i was the only person stupid enough/nutty enough to try to squeeze a full bodied rig through there

nice tires. ;)

and, Sam... GO RED!! :D

Back