• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Difficulties/Requirements...?

3. Rob Mayercik is crazy .... really nice guy, but crazy. His Jeep isn't much bigger than stock but I'm convinced he could get it through reds.

Hey, I'm not insane, I'm from New Jersey! :confused1

Reds might be pushing it a little bit, but I have had a couple brushes with the blue-black border in the last year or two. I think I value my (mostly) intact body a bit too much still for reds at my current height, but I thank you for the vote of confidence.

Just goes to show what these trucks can do straight out of the box (or nearly so).

Hm, discussing trail difficulties already? :cool:

I'll have to get my XJ down there so I can get you "RC locals" opinions of what it can handle... :D

(Mind you I said what IT can handle and not the driver, we all know I suck behind the wheel... :rolleyes: )

Even though it's been down most of the time since the last NACfest I made it to, it's seen some "improvements" while parked.

Hm, discussing trail difficulties already? :cool:

I'll have to get my XJ down there so I can get you "RC locals" opinions of what it can handle... :D

(Mind you I said what IT can handle and not the driver, we all know I suck behind the wheel... :rolleyes: )

Even though it's been down most of the time since the last NACfest I made it to, it's seen some "improvements" while parked.

Sounds good!! Bring it on down, you should see some of the crazy stuff RC has now...

Sounds good!! Bring it on down, you should see some of the crazy stuff RC has now...

It would be nice to actually wheel this thing... How crazy are we talking? Cause I'm still running one of the most polished 30's I've ever seen and I've gotta drive this thing there and back. :D (not that it ever stopped me before...:shhh:)

Did get rid of the gas tank, so I won't be slamming down on that again. And guess what power steering line blew again the other day? Waiting on a new pulley, figured since I'm tossing a freshly rebuilt pump in (last one died when it ran dry cause of the blown hose...) a nice 4.5" aluminum pulley would be a nice addition. With my "high steer" I could already go lock to lock with my 33's with just my fingertips. Should be even easier with the smaller pulley.

It would be nice to actually wheel this thing... How crazy are we talking? Cause I'm still running one of the most polished 30's I've ever seen and I've gotta drive this thing there and back. :D (not that it ever stopped me before...:shhh:)

HAAHAA.... no worries, I'll get you through....:firedevil

What's your definition of "through"?? :wierd:

Odd how I just KNEW it would be along those lines...but hey. through is through!! :D

Lets see... the last time Rob was down for NAC-Fest, he drove home with his pass side UCA ripped off the axle and waving in the breeze..... BUT... he got "through"....:D:D:D

Does that help??

cant forget the first nac fest he was at, how long did it take before we were changing a frt axle shaft

I've heard of his legendary spotting skills. I hope to one day put them to use!

cant forget the first nac fest he was at, how long did it take before we were changing a frt axle shaft

LOL...Yeah... and that was my first experience with an ECTED locker... if that thing was truly LOCKED, it would have just crawled right up over that spot...

That was at PAP too, man I miss that place. RC is great, but some of the black/red trails at PAP would take you ALL DAY to run...

I never got to Paragon :( :( :( ruins my day just thinking about it!! heh

LOL...Yeah... and that was my first experience with an ECTED locker... if that thing was truly LOCKED, it would have just crawled right up over that spot...

That was at PAP too, man I miss that place. RC is great, but some of the black/red trails at PAP would take you ALL DAY to run...

that was my only experience at PAP, day 2&3 were spent riding with Pete, that was a blast but also very scary at times

I've never been to RC before so I registered for the Reds... I hope there still fun at least but how crazy are the blacks? I've got a front locker and a winch... I MIGHT be able to get my rear locker together again by the time we leave but I dunno..... hmm... should I signed up for blacks?

I've never been to RC before so I registered for the Reds... I hope there still fun at least but how crazy are the blacks? I've got a front locker and a winch... I MIGHT be able to get my rear locker together again by the time we leave but I dunno..... hmm... should I signed up for blacks?

You may have the trail designations mixed up. Red trails are the hardest, then Blacks, which are typically just "hard", then Blues which are "moderate", then Greens which are technical fire roads (the easiest). RC even has a few "Purple" trails. These are not quite a Blue, but not quite a Black.

If you have a rear locker and "some skills" I would say you won't have any trouble handling blacks. If you don't get your rear locker in, Blacks will be more of a challenge, but you'll be OK. You may want to start out on Blues, then work your way up.

I'm planning on running a few blacks to start, then moving up from there... locked f/r, 4.88s, 36" sxs and a winch, not afraid of body damage...should i bother with the blacks? :laugh3: :D

Back