• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Difficulties/Requirements...?

for m it depends if my jeep gets trailerd or not(the blue jeep) if it gets trailerd, breakage/rollover wont be a problem

for m it depends if my jeep gets trailerd or not(the blue jeep) if it gets trailerd, breakage/rollover wont be a problem

yeah may be a problem if you jeep still has its "convertion" aka ConverSion. But I saw the hover on youtube, and you spelled it funny everywhere, and that feature could be useful through parts of the park.

yeah may be a problem if you jeep still has its "convertion" aka ConverSion. But I saw the hover on youtube, and you spelled it funny everywhere, and that feature could be useful through parts of the park.

everyone who know mw, knows that i have terrible grammer and spelling

rob, this could be a great time to fully deck the jeep with hover convertion stickers and such. after this event, itll become a common place mod and gain tons of interest, and itll all be thanks to you

rob, this could be a great time to fully deck the jeep with hover convertion stickers and such. after this event, itll become a common place mod and gain tons of interest, and itll all be thanks to you

dont worry, will be ordering stickers soon, and will also be getting a mr fusion

i almost put nos in mine as a joke...had gotten a bottle in a trade for a few different things, and was gonna install just for kicks :D but, i figured i broke stuff often enough, no need for that hah

dont worry, will be ordering stickers soon, and will also be getting a mr fusion

And what are you going to fuel the Mr. Fusion with? You'll be drinking the beer...:laugh2:

would i be ok on reds at 4" lift, 34" LTBs locked fr, r, winch, spare shafts at all 4 corners, spare steering, etc? (steering is stock and will probably still be stock come this time, if i can go and if i can't get the WJ swap done yet) i should have my unibody reinforcement done at this point too...

i'm ok with beating it, but i will have to drive it back...

would i be ok on reds at 4" lift, 34" LTBs locked fr, r, winch, spare shafts at all 4 corners, spare steering, etc? (steering is stock and will probably still be stock come this time, if i can go and if i can't get the WJ swap done yet) i should have my unibody reinforcement done at this point too...

i'm ok with beating it, but i will have to drive it back...

As far as the steering is concerned, you should have got in on the deal that Andy had on a steering upgrade, and then you would not have to worry at all about bending your stock steering. Now you'll have to carry a spare with you when you run reds. At this point, I would not recomend it with only 4" of lift, but when you make it to NACFEST, talk with the trail guides to see if you really want to tackle the reds.

As far as the steering is concerned, you should have got in on the deal that Andy had on a steering upgrade, and then you would not have to worry at all about bending your stock steering. Now you'll have to carry a spare with you when you run reds. At this point, I would not recomend it with only 4" of lift, but when you make it to NACFEST, talk with the trail guides to see if you really want to tackle the reds.

well, i'm not unnaccustomed to beating my jeep and i may or may not have the steering done by then, and i will have spares... so i guess we'll see. i've been told i'm a good driver for what it's worth.

I may or may not try the reds.

I'm locked f/r, 4.88s, stock shafts with full set of spares (both full circle c-clips up front and 760s), fully skidded, spare driveshaft, 5.5" with LAs, but 33" ATs.

I'm fairly experienced, but not an expert by any means.

i would say wheel the blacks the first day and if that doesnt satisfy you then run the reds.

i'll follow you guys.

that's probably a smart thought.

Just wanted to jump in here with my vast vast expereince with wheeling at RC (I've been there once, and it was my first time offroad:wave1:)

Here is what I learned from first day on the trails at RC:

1. Good tires with deep tread make a HUGE difference. I watched a handful of guys with A/Ts spin on stuff that guys with M/Ts went right over.
2. You can do blues with with a little less than Andy recommended - BUT, you will bump and rub quite a bit - and more than likely you'll take a strap once or twice.
3. Rob Mayercik is crazy .... really nice guy, but crazy. His Jeep isn't much bigger than stock but I'm convinced he could get it through reds.

3. Rob Mayercik is crazy .... really nice guy, but crazy. His Jeep isn't much bigger than stock but I'm convinced he could get it through reds.

haha agreed for that or other reasons....

Back