• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Bracket

xjfan1974 said:
My Track bar bracket is slowly pulling bracket from the frame. Any suggestion on how to fix it?
you mean the bracket is pulling away or is the bracket pulling something it's attached to away or is it the track bar that's pulling the bracket away?

Anyways, you can make a brace to go to the other side and you can also weld it to the frame too (2 1" or so beads on the side and one on the bottom: place them so that you can get to them with an angle grinder for when you need to remove the bracket).

First locktite the nuts/bolts for the frame side track bar bracket. I had a drop track bar bracket on for a long time and had a heck of a problem with it working loose.
After the Ram Assist went on, I shortened the bracket and did what Kejtar said.
A couple of 1/2 or 1 inch beads along the bracket to the frame rail. Just a heavy tack really to help keep it in place.

I have hydro assist on there and now I am having problem the bracket coming loose - and it seems like my steering is worst then before.

Well if its "worst" youve got problems.....lol

Tighten everything up the put some stitch welds in couple spots this will help take the stress of the bolts.

what size ram? drive it on the street? sometimes the rams will slow your steering down if thats whats causing the problem if not then you have a bigger problem. did hook the hoses up to the ram but not the shaft and turn your steering to see if the ram is working right?

besides being slower on the street somtimes your steering should be much better not "worst"

Back