• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire selection

Which tire?

• LTB

Votes: 16 12.5%
  • KM2

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Other

Votes: 45 35.2%

• Total voters
KM2s or Kevlars.

www.treadepot.com has the Kevlar's for $192/tire right now. I think I got mine at Tire Rack for $196 a few months ago, but they went up on their site.

Had em since July and love them.

The 6 hour drive to the Outer Banks in NC was great, the tires have awesome road manners. I tried to get stuck in the sand out on Carova Beach, driving in the loosest sand I could find and nail the throttle and it would pull right out. Drug a bottomed out Ford Flex across 30 yards of soft sand.

Also amazing in the rocks and muck at Rausch Creek (assuming this is where the OP is wheeling). They would climb any damn rock I put a tire on. I'd jokingly put a tire on a vertical rock that was taller than the tire itself and it would go right up. Even made it up this crazy steep rock face that my friend with 39.5" bias Rockers had trouble with. Can't believe how much grip they have. Don't think I'll ever buy another offroad tire.

154530_176315052384519_100000180759173_637942_5978150_n.jpg

I destroyed my rear on that climb. broke the driveshaft, yoke, and u joint. driving 3 hours home in front wheel drive wasnt that fun

I destroyed my rear on that climb. broke the driveshaft, yoke, and u joint. driving 3 hours home in front wheel drive wasnt that fun

The trip on which that pic was taken, I fixed the rear u-joint at a gas station 10 minutes away from RC, then drove 3 hours home with a horribly loud noise coming from the rear end. Found out 4 teeth were broken off the ring gear. I got kinda lucky.

You broke that because of the axle wrap though. I went up it with very little issues last time i was there.

After looking at the axle while installing gears/brakes/shafts, methinks some sort of antiwrap perch would be very beneficial at this stage.

regular km1 are better than km2 in my book. ive noticed that km2's slip more. im running 33x12.50x15

That's your opinion, which is fine, but you can't deny the sidewall strength is far superior in the km2.

I love my General Grabbers. Didn't think they would really work in the rocks or mud like the tire shop told me they would but I was wrong and they were 100% correct! They are the best tire I have ever owned. Super quiet, stick like glue in the rocks and so far I have not had any problems with them chunking out like my old X-Terrains. Plus I get lots of compliments on the red letters.

This is good to know about the grabbers, I can get them for CHEAP compared to most other tires I have been looking at. How well do they work on wet pavement tho? Same issues as the BFG A/T? Or better due to the slightly different tread design?
This does make sense considering Jeepspeed is requiring The At2

Just picked up last week, 35x12.50 15 km2's at the NBT in Liberty,MO for $765 out the door. I mounted myself "beadlocks"
Their websit has them listed for cheaper the tirerack and discount

ive liked toyo mts 15 wide, or boggers, or open country, kelly safari mudds, and thornbirds, some history i had on trucks with 38+ in tires, but my jeep ran boggers, i was inpressed by most, the toyo open country or mts, great for trails i thought, just lettin u know my favorites, maybe youl like em, hope you find some :]

Back