• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking of selling or trading my XJ....

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
Lately I have been thinking of trading my '91 XJ for a more street/family friendly vehicle, and putting some effort into my Flatfender project.

With the economy in the state that it's in, I know it's a long shot, but I'll sell it outright for $4,500, but I will consider trades for a ZJ Grand Cherokee Limited in good condition, but it will have to be CLEAN inside and out, and I would prefer one with a 4.0, but will also consider one with the 5.2 V8. I WILL NOT PART IT OUT, so please be courteous and don't ask.

Here's a list of what my XJ has:

Rubicon Express Extreme Duty longarm lift sitting @ 7", wheelbase stretched 3"
ACOS adjustable spacers
35" BFG M/T-KM's on 15x8 Soft 8's with matching fullsized spare (tires have roughly 75% tread remaining)
High pinion Dana 30 front axle, non-disconnect type, rebuilt with a newer housing this past spring. Has 4.56 Spicer gears, Detroit EZ Locker, welded on LCA skids, reinforced passenger side UCA mount, Alloy USA shafts, Warn locking hub conversion, and all new brake components
Ford Explorer 8.8 w/disc brakes with Yukon 4.56 gears & Detroit EZ Locker (this one was built before I bought it), new brakes, and the e-brake works like factory
Currie Currectlynk heavy duty steering
PORC SYE conversion with double cardon shaft
Rocker skids
Brand new windshield
JVC CD player
Winch Bumper
Mopar tank skid
Mopar 2" Reciever hitch

The bad parts are that it has some body damage from trail use, but it is all contained to the removable parts like the doors. The engine has high RPM knock, I have a complete 4.0 from a '96 that I will let go with the XJ.

Here's a couple of pics, but note that the winch is not included in the sale:
100_0871.jpg

100_0868.jpg

Just got your post on my 5.9. I would love to trade for your rig. But you are located 20hrs away from me. If I could could some how get that to work I would. I guess guess if we both met in the middle it wouldnt be so horrable. ???

I would love to as well, but I'm currently stuck in overtime hell. 12 hours per day, mostly 6 days per week (sometimes 7) :mad:

How about just giving me a call @ 678-316-5077 and we'll talk about it.

ive been in need of a trip to connecticut. the drive from hamden, ct to norwell, ma is roughly 2.5 hours, id be happy to deliver for you mike. :) ill park my jeep at your place while im gone. pay for the gas and im all over it.

I have a black with gold trim 1993 ZJ Limited with the 5.2 that is stock and in really good condition ( I think). Nice leather interior and no rips or major stains. Needs a new headliner but other than that it's kosher.

It has (and I'll have to verify) 135000 miles maybe a little more. It has a slight bumper sag on the drivers side in the back from backing into a tree. I was young and watching my girlfriend go into her house when this little demon popped out. The reason it sags is it best the post down that should be straight out. Not really noticeable but I can take pictures.

I put on a bullbar brushguard but if you really do want it stock, then I can take it off. I have slightly larger than stock tires becuase I had them and needed a set on it.

Never had any major problems with it. My coil wire corroded in half but other than that it;s been a great Jeep.

Call me or PM me. I'll need to see more pictures of yours too though.

--Alex

205-331-9362

Edit: I just saw your number and I'm gonna try and call you.

Last edited:
Sorry about the giant pictures.

Pictures:
CD player with 4 pioneer speakers in the doors. Nice sound.

IMG_1357-1.jpg

Sag in the bumper; fixable but just hasn't been done. Not that big of a deal to me. Not that noticeable.

IMG_1351-1.jpg

Messed up trailer lights connection. Works but is bent.

IMG_1352.jpg

Interior: leather is in good shape. This is the driver side seat and is definitely the worst, yet it's not bad at all. Very comfortable for long drives.

No rips or tears

IMG_1353.jpg

Mileage

IMG_1356.jpg

Engine compartment is clean, has some leaves but engine is in tip top shape and was always taken care of.

IMG_1358.jpg

Tire tread. These wheels and tires came of my XJ when I bought it. These tires are better than the stock wheels' tires. The stock ones are the ones with the gold like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-CHEROKEE-GRAND-WAGONEER-FACTORY-WHEEL-RIM-OEM_W0QQitemZ250279612232QQihZ015QQcategoryZ43955QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can have whichever wheels you want but the tires stay with the wheels. So you can have aftermarket with good tread, or stock with little tread.

IMG_1363.jpg

Brushguard/ front. Lights are out of aim but they are handy. Brushguard has engine enamel paint from 5 years ago. Might need a new coat, but doesnt bother me.

IMG_1350.jpg

Side

IMG_1349.jpg

The interior needs a good vacuuming which I will do and just a general washing. You can see on the 2nd to last picture on the A pillar where a small peice of paint came off and was coated with regular black paint.

If you need more pictures I can do that. let me know.

It'll be delivered/ picked up clean.

--Alex

Last edited:
Let me know how that turns out for you. Sorry I couldn't help. That XJ is pretty sweet.

thats what i like to hear! thats a clean jeep you have! and mikes xj is oohh soo capable. make it happen cap'n. ill split the gas on the other way, just have to keep in mind i will visit the fam and friends for a week. btw i have a clean driving record and i dont smoke. gamike can hold my jeep as collateral. i really dont mind

Let me state first that I'm not trying to be a jerk, although after reading this post it looks like it :D That being said.......

I'd love to, but I'm really hesitant about doing it without seeing it in person first. From the pictures it looks very nice, but I've been fooled by exaggerated descriptions & nice pictures in the past :doh: Is there ANY rust anywhere on it? If you can, how about shooting me as many detailed shots of it as you can of everything (undercarriage, underhood, interior, any body damage, etc.). I'll do the same for you if you'd like. I wouldn't want to have you disappointed if you saw something you didn't expect.

You can send pics to:

[email protected]

Another bit of news is that I was just told by my supervisor that all O/T has been cancelled for the forseeable future, so a meeting one weekend may not be totally out of the question. We'll see if we both have what each other really wants before we waste each others time and ga$ money :D

Forgot to say:

Thanks for the offer and support, Juan!

Last edited:
:peace: :D no problem mon!:D :peace:

flash2pablo said:
This might be an option for a trade although I am not sure if he is looking for a trade.

http://www.jeepinwv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=9211

If you read closely on the 2nd post........

Georgia Mike said:
I need to add that if I trade for a ZJ, I'm looking for one that is stock, or very close to stock with minimal modifications

EDIT: And remember Mike, mine is still here if you wanna go that route instead, and I'll deliver for 1/2 gas cost ( I have a light foot anyhow.)

Thanks for the heads up, but stalla is right. That one's not for me. At least I know folks are looking :)

Anyway, I'm still holding out for the right deal to come along. It may never come, but if it doesn't, I'm not out anything. I still love my XJ, I'm just looking for something more practical to drive daily, plus I'll finally get off my butt and finish the Flattie :dunce: My wife wants me to trade for a WJ for her, and she'll let me have her ZJ :looney: Not sure if I'll get any hits for a WJ, but you never know.......:confused:

Back