• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinking of moving to colorado!

maui xj

NAXJA Forum User
There is a lot of wheeling in the Front Range/Center of the State.

Large Metro areas are Denver, Colorado Springs, and Grand Junction.

I'm not much on the scenery on the Eastern or far Western part of the State, however, wherever you plant your digs you will find great wheeling.

If the Colorado bunch doesn't answer your post, you may want to ask the Moderator to move it to the Colorado Chapter for better placement.

"...and where to avoid. "

It depends...

who did you vote for? :D

2qapzpc.jpg

The blue areas are where all the Californians moved to.
fing06.gif

The most conservative part of the state by far is El Paso county where I'm proudly from.

I go to CSU in Larimer county. It is a little more liberal but CSU is a great school. Don't go to Boulder (CU) unless you want your Jeeps tires slashed by the envirohippies there.

i think i have narrowed it down to the colorado springs area. seems to be centraly located to everywhere. what are the schools like? i have a G.I. bill just screaming to be used. and the big one, cost of living! i lived in central texas for a few years and loved how easy it was to live. after living in hawaii again i would like to go somwhere that i dont get raped every time i pull my wallet out.

I'll put you into a house in Woodland Park (just up the hill from that nasty ole Springs) real reasonable. Then I'll be able to move to Boulder. :D

My husband and I live in Buena Vista, and hour and half from Colorado Springs. He's retired military and Peterson AFB has a great commisary/exchange. I don't know about C.S. schools, as I went to School of Mines in Golden (awesome school for engineering). B.V. has awesome wheeling. Chinaman's Gulch (http://www.vworldtrek.com/all4fun_chinaman.htm) is 10 minutes from our house and so is Carnage Canyon, which I won't do in my XJ but my husband does in his '46 flatfender(http://www.vworldtrek.com/fmca_carnage.htm).

Yeah get out of Maui. Yeah it's great if you like to surf and smoke pot but those islands get small fast and Maui is small to begin with. I've been to Oahu a few times and I'm already sick of it and Maui is even smaller.

I'd move to Moab and major in welding :D

It depends...

who did you vote for? :D

2qapzpc.jpg

The blue areas are where all the Californians moved to.
fing06.gif

Hey now, Im a Cali transplant, and I sure tried to do my part of voting the right way. :thumbup:

I might be a bit biased, but CSU is a pretty good school. You know what majors you are interested in?

Come on wit it!
I've been up here for a little over 10 years and don't want to live anywhere else.
Yeah, El Paso County and the Springs are WAAAYYY to conservative(focus on your own damn family!), to the point of being weird. The Peoples Republic of Boulder (50 sq. mi. surrounded by reality) is on the other end of the spectrum.
Denver is somewhere in the middle. I think something like 85% of the population is along the Front Range (the area from Colorado Springs to Ft. Collins, centered on Denver). Lot's of schools, what are you looking for?
Other CO high points:
Lots of great wheelin, skiing/boarding, nothing, pot, hunting, hypoxia, golf, drag racin, beer, live music and a decent tech job market(Boulder's #2 behind Silicon Valley).

My husband and I live in Buena Vista, and hour and half from Colorado Springs. He's retired military and Peterson AFB has a great commisary/exchange. I don't know about C.S. schools, as I went to School of Mines in Golden (awesome school for engineering). B.V. has awesome wheeling. Chinaman's Gulch (http://www.vworldtrek.com/all4fun_chinaman.htm) is 10 minutes from our house and so is Carnage Canyon, which I won't do in my XJ but my husband does in his '46 flatfender(http://www.vworldtrek.com/fmca_carnage.htm).

I knew a guy from BV when I was in the Navy. I went out to visit a couple of times when he was stationed in the Denver area. We went camping in the BV area and I fell in love with the place. That was back in '85 so hope the Californians and Texans haven't ruined the place. Lots of critters running around in the woods to eat and lots of spectacular wheeling.

The wheelin in bv is still great and the critters have all moved into town. It's hard to drive through town without stopping for deer to cross the street.

Back