• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking About Selling My Cherokee

jlmxj49

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry for the long post. I have a Silver 01 Sport 4X4 that is in pretty good shape with around 154,000 miles on it. It had 131,000 when I bought it 2 1/2 years ago. I put a 2" budget boost on it, Monroe Grand Cherokee Open Country shocks, adjustable track bar, American Racing Baja's, and some 30 x 9.50 Pro Comp A/T tires. I've done a few other little things to it. I've never taken it off road and it doesn't look to have been in mud. Everything works except the air conditioning. It didn't work when I bought it. Shortly after I bought it I put a new compressor, accumulator, liquid line, and condenser on it which fixed it. Really the condenser was the problem because it was stopped up. Anyway, it worked good for a year or so then developed a leak that I cannot see any sign of under the hood. Probably the dreaded evaporator core.:( I have not fixed it yet mainly because I'm not paying that much to get it done and I've had other things to do. Without pictures which I can post later, about what is it worth? I know it's worth more with the air working but will that hurt it that much?

DON'T SELL IT!!!!!!!!! I can almost guaruntee that you will have to buy another one in about two weeks. It's an addiction that has no therapy/treatment.

I'll buy it for 500 bucks cash.

505.01!!!

What I'm serious about my offer. Post up some pics though. That might help.

In today's market, maybe advertise it for 4K and take anything over 3K. You could always try to sell it higher and you might get lucky but it's a hard time to sell right now. Good luck.

Back