• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to get done before Winterfest

Oh yeah, trimmed the front fenders a few inches. For my first time I don't think I did too bad. Let me see if I can get a pic. Pretty damn cold outside. With the wind chill the temp is around -35.

Kim

bshaw said:
:laugh2: yea, like two days after I got back from WF06. made a hell of a difference too......... imagine that :doh:
nope I didn't...... and it's creating some leakage problems, major leakage actually!
Smear a bunch of silicone on it. Not like you can see out that corner anyway.:shocked: JIM.

4ctqqmg.jpg

Not bad for a first timer.

Kim

I don't remember if I said what happened or not so here is a short summary.

Driving down a gravel road, turning right the front right spindle comes apart and sends me into an embankment. Damage caused by the accident involved raplacing quite a few parts. Just a couple more than what I said a couple of posts ago.
95% replaced by me in my cold ass driveway because the van is too tall to fit into my garage. I could replace a ford i-beam blindfolded now because I pretty much had to do it twice. Pretty easy.

Kim

Have an AJ bumper on rush order, and just ordered RE Drop brackets, braces and jks quick disconnects. Now i need to bleed the brakes (think i got some air in them) and move the front brake lines as well as remove the rear sway bar. Maybe then my RE 3.5 will be closer to complete..good thing i only have a couple hour drive

8.8 is in, got my pinion adapter from the ford dealership for $33 instead of the net for $35 plus shipping.
I'm using my stock dshaft with the adapter and the slip yoke and I don't have any vibes, so I'm saving up later for an SYE and dshaft.

Battery charger is on.
Taking the Junk to the shop tomorrow to thaw out
Going to put a new battery in it and change all of it's fluids.
Oh, and put some nifty lights underneath....

anybody doing gears this year?
I hear clunking in my front pumpkin.
I am not smart enough to look at it myself.
I may not have time to round up "my guy" and get it repaired.
will anyone knowledgeable be able to help?
I don't have any shims or anything.
front high pinion D30, 4.88's and an ARB

...BOB

I will take a look tomorrow or Thursday.
I wasn't expecting this ypbe a problem.

...BOB

Put in new battery<DONE>
Change oil<DONE>
Install some rock lights underneath<DONE>
Load trailer-Strap jeep down with 500 chains and straps!<FRIDAY>
Bonus
Fixed steering so it will turn both ways
Padded Cage
Spare tire carrier tomorrow.

RedHeep said:
Front axle swap-D30 4.56 open Done
Rear axle swap- 8.8 4.56 Aussie Done minus locker, left the LSD, ran out of cash
OTK steering ala GoJeep Done
Radiator replacement Done
Fluid change Done
RE 4.5 kit Done
33's Done
Hitting the lottery I wish

Anybody else got a list together?

Did the break in diff oil change last night, hope those sparklies are normal, the 8.8 took 3.5 quarts of 85/140. Just need to pack, clean the garage and put gas in it. Got my GPS maps loaded. Hoping to get out earlier than I planned on tuesday and make it to Nashville for the overnight.

ok, so the MJ now has a new u-joints all through the drivetrain.
Dropped two of the needle bearings out of the cardan spring loaded thingy. What a bitch.

All I got left to do is pack my bag, pack the cooler and load the Jeep on the trailer.

Almost forgot, TJ brakelines go on Wed. morning. I ain't messing with it though, me and brakelines that have been together for 11 years don't get along. This job is getting done at the local shop. Call me lazy, don't care.
I know it will be ready to go, and I won't have to fawk with it.

Hale "I'm getting lazy" yes

New ultra beefy rear driveshaft is in. Bed is completely framed and ready for paint. Frame is chopped and re-engineered. Rear springs are rebuilt, shocks installed, axle painted and installed. All that is left to do is bolt the bed on, replace the motor mounts and a few sundry things.

BRIANHO13 said:
Ripped off a rear shock mount this weekend at WF1. And I have to get a new trailer tire, to replace the one that blew.

I might cut and fold my rear quarters. NOT GONNA HAPPEN
I might add some more tube to the cage. NOT GONNA HAPPEN
I might make a new trackbar.NOT GONNA HAPPEN
I might make a traction bar.NOT GONNA HAPPEN
I might swap out master cylinders.NOT GONNA HAPPEN (MIGHT STILL SWAP IN A GC PROP SPRING)

But if it doesn't get any warmer fixing the shock mount and getting a new trailer tire will be the only things I do. And I will probably get a new CB. DID ALL THIS AND REBUILT A DRIVESHAFT

Haleyes said:
All I got left to do is pack my bag, pack the cooler and load the Jeep on the trailer.

Almost forgot, TJ brakelines go on Wed. morning. I ain't messing with it though, me and brakelines that have been together for 11 years don't get along. This job is getting done at the local shop. Call me lazy, don't care.
I know it will be ready to go, and I won't have to fawk with it.

Hale "I'm turning into Rev" yes

fixed it ;)

Back