• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to get done before Winterfest

scoobyxj said:
That putts you off Saturday the 6th of January right? I could work that in for an evening/night wrenching. I have been thinking of picking up a new set of rear springs before Winterfest, and getting my SYE, 1.34"BB, and C/V Drive shaft on.

i am off from work on the 6th...at least on afternoons (my normal shift), but I work a part time job on saturday nights from midnight til 4am...

so i'm free up until midnight...

mac 'extra jeep money' gyvr

macgyvr said:
i am off from work on the 6th...at least on afternoons (my normal shift), but I work a part time job on saturday nights from midnight til 4am...

so i'm free up until midnight...

mac 'extra jeep money' gyvr
About what time? I work 'till 6:00 am Sat. So by the time I get some sleep, and over there it'll be pushing 4:00 pm. I'm free all day Sunday.

1) Check windshield wiper fluid
2) replace deodorizer thingy on mirror
3) find more stickers

when I'm done with these chores, I am cruzin!!!

...BOB

scoobyxj said:
About what time? I work 'till 6:00 am Sat. So by the time I get some sleep, and over there it'll be pushing 4:00 pm. I'm free all day Sunday.

I'm free all day on sunday too...that will work...

what are we working on?

mac 'i forgot now' gyvr

macgyvr said:
I'm free all day on sunday too...that will work...

what are we working on?

mac 'i forgot now' gyvr

I got a set of JCR rock sliders, but my Bushwacker flairs won't alow them to attatch to the pinchrail. So I need to pull them off, trim the flairs, and I want to fix the shitty trim job on the rear fenders (need cleaned up, repainted, some silicone applied, and hammered over flat). Really in all should only take a few hours with someone there to keep me motovated.

Sunday would really be the best for me (sounds like it would work better for you too). I could come over mid morning say around 9/10:00 am. I'll get your lunch, and if we're still going some pizzas for supper for your time, and the use of your warm grarage. Pm me with the details, and we'll set it up. I'll be coming in from SR30.

scoobyxj said:
I got a set of JCR rock sliders, but my Bushwacker flairs won't alow them to attatch to the pinchrail. So I need to pull them off, trim the flairs, and I want to fix the shitty trim job on the rear fenders (need cleaned up, repainted, some silicone applied, and hammered over flat). Really in all should only take a few hours with someone there to keep me motovated.

Sunday would really be the best for me (sounds like it would work better for you too). I could come over mid morning say around 9/10:00 am. I'll get your lunch, and if we're still going some pizzas for supper for your time, and the use of your warm grarage. Pm me with the details, and we'll set it up. I'll be coming in from SR30.

Sent ya a PM. Noon on sunday works the best.

If anyone else is interested in coming over and hangin...PM me. The more the merrier...

mac 'wrench on' gyvr

I finally bit the bullet and bought myself a powertrax no-slip which should hopefully be here early next week. Maybe I'll get over those stupid tree stumps now. It should tide me over until I can actually afford to build some bigger axles.

Mike

I finally ordered up a spool for the 8.8 in the 85 waggy thanks to Dave at DesertFab. Should be here by Friday for a weekend install. Anybody have any advice on installing a mini spool? I have never messed with a diff. except taking off a cover and cleaning the housing.
Finally I will have some traction out back. Many more things to get done before Winterfest.

Kim

Well mac 'a good man' gyvr, and I got most of the major issues with my rig taken care of the other night. I still have a small bit of trimming to do on the bushwackers, maybe the fenders (in the front). So unless I get a set of rear springs to swap on before then I'm pretty much good to go. I have some rack lighting I want to take care of, and relocate my CB antenna, but that won't be a big deal.

Mat I appriciate all the help the other day, and like I said if ya' ever need me for a hand let me know.

lets see , in no particular order .

install rock sliders
swap diff cover ( when it shows up )
procure spare rim/tire and figure out where the hell to mount it
remount co2 tank
mount sub amp somewhere out of the way
rob convenience stores / make withdrawl
find and install my cb ( it's not behind the couch ,first place i looked )

i am sure there's more i cant think of right now .
shiest : i need to start a list.

:skull2:

scoobyxj said:
Well mac 'a good man' gyvr, and I got most of the major issues with my rig taken care of the other night. I still have a small bit of trimming to do on the bushwackers, maybe the fenders (in the front). So unless I get a set of rear springs to swap on before then I'm pretty much good to go. I have some rack lighting I want to take care of, and relocate my CB antenna, but that won't be a big deal.

Mat I appriciate all the help the other day, and like I said if ya' ever need me for a hand let me know.

no problemo...i'll let you know...hope we didn't keep you out to late...

mac 'next time come ready to drink ;) 'gyvr

sw_mi_xj said:
lets see , in no particular order .

install rock sliders
swap diff cover ( when it shows up )
procure spare rim/tire and figure out where the hell to mount it
remount co2 tank
mount sub amp somewhere out of the way
rob convenience stores / make withdrawl
find and install my cb ( it's not behind the couch ,first place i looked )

i am sure there's more i cant think of right now .
shiest : i need to start a list.

:skull2:
South west MI ay? That's not to far to drive for a wrenching fest. Where abouts you located. I might be able to slip up to lend a hand.

add
Fix upper shock mount
to my list, came out to a skyjacker shock laying on the pavement last night in the parking lot.
aint' that a bitch.

87manche said:
add
Fix upper shock mount
to my list, came out to a skyjacker shock laying on the pavement last night in the parking lot.
aint' that a bitch.

Been there.

They really need to make more noise when they drag the ground.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Been there.

They really need to make more noise when they drag the ground.

Rev
they certainly do, apparently I dragged it along for a while, since the bolt that was still through the eye was ground down a bit.

I need to pack. JIM.

Got the mini spool in the mail Wednesday:

4c13in8.jpg

Looks pretty simple to me. Was planning on the install this weekend but the tranny and tranfer case are being swapped this weekend hopefully.

Kim

Add trim fenders and put on TJ flares and weld on mini skidz....

Back