• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to get done before Winterfest

You're going to shower? It's not spring yet.

I might not have the locker done, but the 4.56 gears are going in now. I took it out with the front done in front wheel drive to break them in, and it drives soooo much better.

I'm still working on a warmer tent. I may have to bring the dog to keep me warm.

To much, and no place warm to do it, but the biggest thing is get my sliders on correctly. They're not attached to the pinch rail.
Mack we should have a wrenching fest. I didn't realize you are in Ft, Wayne. Hell we're practically neighbors!

A pre-Winterfest wrench fest might be a good idea. I have a BIG shop to work in. With a welder.
Life is good.

scoobyxj said:
To much, and no place warm to do it, but the biggest thing is get my sliders on correctly. They're not attached to the pinch rail.
Mack we should have a wrenching fest. I didn't realize you are in Ft, Wayne. Hell we're practically neighbors!
i might be down with that. let me know T....

scoobyxj said:

Hell...I'M in Fort Wayne....

The '95 Trailbuggy needs a tranny...and various other small things...however I don't know if I'm going to be able to make the trip out to wherever it is that the official winterfest is being held...

mac 'NE side' gyvr

well, got the starter replaced last night, and I think that my headlamp switch is the parking lamp circuit problem.
Gota tear that out tonight and check it with the DMM.
it's about the last thing left.
at least now all the connectors are cleaned out.

macgyver said:
Hell...I'M in Fort Wayne....

The '95 Trailbuggy needs a tranny...and various other small things...however I don't know if I'm going to be able to make the trip out to wherever it is that the official winterfest is being held...
sgtmack said:
A pre-Winterfest wrench fest might be a good idea. I have a BIG shop to work in. With a welder.
Life is good.
bshaw said:
i might be down with that. let me know T....
Throw out some dates I'll let you know. My 2-3-2 rotation hits up like (January starting with Monday) 1st-off, 2nd-off, 3rd-work, 4th-work, 5th-work, 6th-off, 7th-off, 8th-work, 9th-work, 10th-off, 11th-off, 12th-off, 13th-work, 14th-work, and so on.

Last edited:
Well, I just finished my jeep preparations by making a call to 1-800-701-JEEP :D
http://www.mauijeep.com

maui_1.jpg

w_howey said:
Tell boss I'm not going to So Cal, for a fourth year during Winterfest.

Yeah!!!!!!! I'm not going to So Cal for a fourth year during WF.

Booo!! I get to go somewhere worse..........

Alabama

w_howey said:
Yeah!!!!!!! I'm not going to So Cal for a fourth year during WF.

Booo!! I get to go somewhere worse..........

Alabama
So, you arn't going to make it again this year?
And, Ala is eleventy billion and ten times better than So Cal!

scoobyxj said:
Throw out some dates I'll let you know. My 2-3-2 rotation hits up like (January starting with Monday) 1st-off, 2nd-off, 3rd-work, 4th-work, 5th-work, 6th-off, 7th-off, 8th-work, 9th-work, 10th-off, 11th-off, 12th-off, 13th-work, 14th-work, and so on.

i've got a heated garage...i work 4 days on, two days off...i've had a little to drink so i'm a little lost in when you work...i'm off the 31st and 1st, then i work four days, then i'm off two days...then work 4 days, then off 2 days and so on and so forth...

give me a day and i'll see what i can do...

mac 'i work 17 days less a year than the average m-f guy' gyvr

If any one wants to come over and wrench on their junk, I can do either the second or third Saturday in Feb. I work on semi's, so I have a good size shop, and a lot of tools. I'm still working on getting a plasma, but I have a kick ass MIG. And an assortment of large hammers. I made a new drive shaft for mine this week, so we can do just about every thing. If any one is interested let me know. My shop is about 20 minutes south of Fort Wayne just off I-69.

we've got plama and migs on this side of town...just working out of 2 car garages tho...

if there is a get together, let me know, i might swing over...

mac 'always looking to hang out' gyvr

macgyvr said:
i've got a heated garage...i work 4 days on, two days off...i've had a little to drink so i'm a little lost in when you work...i'm off the 31st and 1st, then i work four days, then i'm off two days...then work 4 days, then off 2 days and so on and so forth...

give me a day and i'll see what i can do...

mac 'i work 17 days less a year than the average m-f guy' gyvr
That putts you off Saturday the 6th of January right? I could work that in for an evening/night wrenching. I have been thinking of picking up a new set of rear springs before Winterfest, and getting my SYE, 1.34"BB, and C/V Drive shaft on.

seanR said:
So, you arn't going to make it again this year?
And, Ala is eleventy billion and ten times better than So Cal!

Right now, no.
This stupid Kansas City deal I was handed has my schedule all funked up for the entire winter/spring.

The 'revised' schedule for this stupid WMS roll-out crap has me in B'ham the weekend of WF.

This is what happens when you let engineers and managers try and run projects that floor people have to use. Supervisors end up fixing it.....

Back