• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Things to do before the Crawl.....

Thats the spirit!

Drove it the other day, and the noise is back again. Might be because I beat the snot out of the new bearing on installation. F-it. There's more important issues that need to be sorted out elsewhere on the Jeep.

Put an atlas in it :D

Can you make one appear, ready to go in, at no cost to me? :D

I still think it's the transmission.

I don't. It was completely quiet for about a day with the new bearing in it. I think I killed the new one pounding it into place and fighting that stupid snap ring that holds it in.

I really need to invest in a nice set of snap ring pliers.

Can you make one appear, ready to go in, at no cost to me? :D

I don't. It was completely quiet for about a day with the new bearing in it. I think I killed the new one pounding it into place and fighting that stupid snap ring that holds it in.

I really need to invest in a nice set of snap ring pliers.

Isn't that the snap ring with a flat surface? No Holes?

Fixed it, thanks for the advice. Works great.
8BE92710-BE6B-4221-94E2-42E2B70E88D5.jpg

Well I either need to buy a camper or get a hotel room just sold the camper that I already have

You think two totally different t-cases are showing the exact same symptoms?

Yes because he swapped his SYE over and it was that bearing he replaced that quieted it down for a short time.... Chances are it was damage on install..... :dunce:

Well I either need to buy a camper or get a hotel room just sold the camper that I already have

Walmart: 4 man tent. $39.95

Yes because he swapped his SYE over and it was that bearing he replaced that quieted it down for a short time.... Chances are it was damage on install..... :dunce:

Ah, that makes sense.

I don't understand why there was beating going on. Warm that bearing up and she slips right on.

Walmart: 4 man tent. $39.95

Ah, that makes sense.

I don't understand why there was beating going on. Warm that bearing up and she slips right on.

I will never tent camp again, unless its for boy scouts with my son.

I tent camp everytime. Mostly because the funds haven't freed up for a truck bed camper to put on my gooseneck. But tent camping isn't bad it's all ive ever know so can't miss somthing you've never had right?

Back