• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The WoodyRunner. My Waggy prerunner build

Played for a bit

proctor_group03.jpg

What happened here?

Big thanks go out to my brother and a bunch of other people. new 3 link front end. Need shocks, brakelines and exhaust. Let me know if you have any of that stuff
attachment.php

also, that's a sweet pic of the five of you workin on the jeep. you could send that out as a christmas card as "greetings from all of us" or "all of me",...
I think, "Five out of five voices in my head said to work on the jeep today"

:roll:

Glad to see the build is still coming together man! Its gonna be one sick waggy

x2 can't wait to see the fenders all painted up with woodgrain!

Suggestion: Add gussets on both sides(front and back) between the frame and crossmember tube. Also cap the ends of the crossmember tube so it doesn't pack full of mud/dirt.

Suggestion: Add gussets on both sides(front and back) between the frame and crossmember tube. Also cap the ends of the crossmember tube so it doesn't pack full of mud/dirt.

the crossmember will be capped with 3/16ths and its notched into the frame so Its not going anywhere

xjrunner,

what made you want a three link front end vs a true four leading links front end? imo a four link front would be a better choice just for the fact that if you break a link you can still make it home on three... thats why i went woth the full traction kit but i wish now i would have just built my own..

is that truss plated on both sides? or just through the center? im planning to truss my 2wd beam and im gonna plate both sides but drill 1" holes all along it and weld 1" tube through the holes to tie the two pieces of plate metal together, just a thought.

Back