• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official CraigsList Thread...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/1458322828.html

For give away, a blue 89 Jeep Cherokee sitting in my drive way. I don't know what's wrong with it anymore. I think it's the starter, could be more. I put a new battery in it and it started for a while, then it drained. I don't want to put any money in it and I really just want it out of my drive way.

I have no paperwork on the vehicle or else I'd give it to charity and it hasn't been registered for at least 2 years. It's just sitting in my drive way. If you got a tow truck and can come get it, it's yours.

I emailed the guy and this was the response I received:

Hello,

Sorry for the long email I have tried to touch all bases.
I do not sell my car in Payments and I do not Trade!!!
I am selling this vehicle because I need money fast as I have to meet a mortgage payment deadline so this transaction must be completed fast as time is my main priority.

About the car: it is in immaculate condition non-smoker vehicle. No damages, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, never been into an accident, in perfect working condition. The car comes with all the documents you need to register it (including clean title which you will receive included in the package).

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in UK and the car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US. The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

The shipping will take up to 7 business days and you will also have 10 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle from the moment it arrives at your place. There will be no extra or hidden taxes for you to pay since the car is still registered in US. In case you decide not to keep the car I'm responsible for shipping back costs.
As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to sell this car through eBay so we will both be covered.
The final price is $3,500 including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address. So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Regards,
Sgt. Todd Whitford

Sure smells fishy. :firedevil

I emailed the guy and this was the response I received:

Hello,

Sorry for the long email I have tried to touch all bases.
I do not sell my car in Payments and I do not Trade!!!
I am selling this vehicle because I need money fast as I have to meet a mortgage payment deadline so this transaction must be completed fast as time is my main priority.

About the car: it is in immaculate condition non-smoker vehicle. No damages, no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, never been into an accident, in perfect working condition. The car comes with all the documents you need to register it (including clean title which you will receive included in the package).

I'm an US Air Force Sgt. currently stationed in UK and the car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US. The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. In order to be able to register this car here in UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

The shipping will take up to 7 business days and you will also have 10 days to inspect and test drive the vehicle from the moment it arrives at your place. There will be no extra or hidden taxes for you to pay since the car is still registered in US. In case you decide not to keep the car I'm responsible for shipping back costs.
As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to sell this car through eBay so we will both be covered.
The final price is $3,500 including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address. So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing do not reply to this message!

Regards,
Sgt. Todd Whitford

Sure smells fishy. :firedevil

Definately a SCAM

Back