• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Forum XJ build

Okay found time to do some more to the jeep.

I made some bumper brackets. nothing hard core. not a winch bumper gonna be a square tube bumper and maybe a stinger. I'm still learning here.

also started messing with my rear bumper. my jeep came with a nice factory installed Class 5 reese receiver that hung low. so luckily I noticed I could flip the brackets on it and cut the bumper to fit it. So that's what I did.
ggr_zpse9266fde.jpg

ess_zpsbca4358b.jpg

dd_zpse9a4bc50.jpg

My bumper was slouching on the passenger side from the previous owner hitting something I guess So I fixed it the best I could
efe_zps813b17c7.jpg

Had to call it a night but did start on my D- ring shackle mount brackets that I'm gonna weld to the frame up inside the bumper and have them peeking through. also gonna put some hefty reverse lights in it stock bumper then cap it somehow and roll with it. and the reese receiver stuff will be great to build a gas tank skid off of
ddfe_zpsd5b9b6c3.jpg

Back