• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Stove thread

thanks. his website was designed in 1996 but ive heard good things. i might be able to get away with just dropping a sector shaft in it. just need the correct one.

yea his website is ****ing terrible lol

ROFL

while we're on the topic of steering.....anyone got an extra steering box kicking around? threads got stripped out on the upper bolt and half of one of the lowers, still tight but really only has the lower 2 torqued down and the boostwerks brace supporting it and don't want to wheel like that. Haven't had the time to make a jy trip, just need one that will last till I can afford hydro assist.

I've got one, $30
Sweeet I might be able to swing by this weekend depending on how it plays out, going to VT but might come back down for go topless day since I missed out on getting a ticket for the f&f season opener so if I do I'll let you know. Still need to get that rim from bobby and a set of half doors from some kid too.

Get a longer bolt and put a nut on the other end of it?

Thats plan b if I cant find time to go grab billys soon

I found out my week link is my drive shaft slip yoke yay

What??? I'm first???

Got 2 2 hour long exams back to back starting at 3....couldn't decide between studying and working on the heep so I procrastinated both. Productive day so far.:banghead:

You back in school?

been taking a couple business and management courses at mass bay just to get some credits back under my belt. Didn't fully enroll and will probably go to school in the fall to get my welding certs out of the way before I fully commit to a business degree or something but needed to get the ball rolling somehow.

been taking a couple business and management courses at mass bay just to get some credits back under my belt. Didn't fully enroll and will probably go to school in the fall to get my welding certs out of the way before I fully commit to a business degree or something but needed to get the ball rolling somehow.

Nice man.

Got 1 ticket left for Epping June 14th, $61.25 someone buy it. Both Nitro classes, Pro stock and sportsman

firsties.

Disco has new HD steering and should diff guards on later today or tomorrow (whenever they get shipped). Today after work, r&r an oil cooler line to see why it is brand new and leaking... hopefully an o-ring. Heading upstate next weekend to my buddy's gf's cabin and doing some expo-style wheeling.

firsties.

Disco has new HD steering and should diff guards on later today or tomorrow (whenever they get shipped). Today after work, r&r an oil cooler line to see why it is brand new and leaking... hopefully an o-ring. Heading upstate next weekend to my buddy's gf's cabin and doing some expo-style wheeling.

I thought those had the style axles where the center chunk drops out as one piece (like a 9")- they still need covers?

I thought those had the style axles where the center chunk drops out as one piece (like a 9")- they still need covers?

They are, but the "cover" part is thin sheetmetal. The rest of the housing is beefy though, idk why they decided to make the one section thin. You know, it's probably fine and these covers are just a money making scheme. I've actually never seen a picture of a smashed diff nor do I know how thick they are actually. That's my biggest beef with Rover stuff. I ask questions about something like this and people just say "well, because." Like bumper mounting and recovery points. Coming from XJs, obv there are clear reasons and plenty of pictures why you should use tie in brackets for front recovery. My truck has a massive fully boxed frame, yet most people recommend a bumper for proper recovery... not the military style shackles that bolt through the frame. And yesterday someone posted on r/landrover with these "sweet new recovery points" that were just 3/8" thick plates with a hole for a d-ring that bolted into THE SAME 3 HOLES AS HIS AFTERMARKET BUMPER yet everyone said they were so much better. Other people said he needed to cut and weld in frame sleeves for his recovery points too, because he could buckle his frame. Whenever I ask for reasoning, people have no idea.

wow that got long winded. /rant

They are, but the "cover" part is thin sheetmetal. The rest of the housing is beefy though, idk why they decided to make the one section thin. You know, it's probably fine and these covers are just a money making scheme. I've actually never seen a picture of a smashed diff nor do I know how thick they are actually. That's my biggest beef with Rover stuff. I ask questions about something like this and people just say "well, because." Like bumper mounting and recovery points. Coming from XJs, obv there are clear reasons and plenty of pictures why you should use tie in brackets for front recovery. My truck has a massive fully boxed frame, yet most people recommend a bumper for proper recovery... not the military style shackles that bolt through the frame. And yesterday someone posted on r/landrover with these "sweet new recovery points" that were just 3/8" thick plates with a hole for a d-ring that bolted into THE SAME 3 HOLES AS HIS AFTERMARKET BUMPER yet everyone said they were so much better. Other people said he needed to cut and weld in frame sleeves for his recovery points too, because he could buckle his frame. Whenever I ask for reasoning, people have no idea.

wow that got long winded. /rant

So are you going to step up and be the man in the LR community with the real true facts?

There's a lot of that "mystery" around the E46 rear subframe mounting area too. Kind of hilarious. Then again, anything to do with welding or fabrication is magic to most BMW owners (anyone that's seen my work knows I'm not excluding myself from this group).

Last edited:

So are you going to step up and be the man in the LR community with the real true facts?

lol. I've tried but I just get called a dumb shit and told I haven't owned a Rover long enough to understand :laugh: Then I tell them that kind of response is why everyone think Rover owners are dbags and then they get even more angry. :laugh:

Most of the time there are a few dudes that are pretty helpful, but I'd say 60-70% of em are just badge-loyal nut swingers.

Back