• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The goodies I got today.

I'll find out what the deal is for vendor status and let you know.

Ken

There isn't a 'vendor status' for the Chapter (at there wasn't when I created that thread). Vendor info goes into a post and the thread is locked to keep conversation out of it. *My* 'rules' for it were no prices, just information. Kept the pissing matches out of it (I can beat his price, etc).

There isn't a 'vendor status' for the Chapter (at there wasn't when I created that thread). Vendor info goes into a post and the thread is locked to keep conversation out of it. *My* 'rules' for it were no prices, just information. Kept the pissing matches out of it (I can beat his price, etc).

Ken let me know what you decide and I will shoot you a PM with what we want in the section.

-Alex

Ken let me know what you decide and I will shoot you a PM with what we want in the section.

-Alex

If you guys can coordinate a time, Alex just makes a post and a mod can merge it with that thread. :) That way people associate Alex with the product/company involved. ;) That's how *I* would do it, lol. :cheers::rtm:

Alex, your first mission...

...is to sponsor Jeff (nitrospeed) and I with synthetic winch line and hawses. As much 3/8 rope as you can spin onto an xrc8. You get sticker coverage on the vehicles and public mention on our e-crew website. They'll be seen in 3 regional events, 2 RA national events, and 1 usrc championship event.

Alex, your first mission...

...is to sponsor Jeff (nitrospeed) and I with synthetic winch line and hawses. As much 3/8 rope as you can spin onto an xrc8. You get sticker coverage on the vehicles and public mention on our e-crew website. They'll be seen in 3 regional events, 2 RA national events, and 1 usrc championship event.

Do you guys carry any line at RJR offroad?:shhh:

-Alex

Every once in a while we'll have someone order something Warrior and pick it up locally.

We don't have a retail store though, just the plant/warehouse.

Alright well I will see about "sponsoring" your E-Crew team.

I know that we sponsored a team for the TTC last year, as well as the King Of The Hammers this year.

-Alex

Alright well I will see about "sponsoring" your E-Crew team.

I know that we sponsored a team for the TTC last year, as well as the King Of The Hammers this year.

-Alex

Our group is a little different, because we're not directly in an off-road group, but we do get alot of exposure and photography. 5-6 events yearly and every year.

Wouldn't be terrible to have some shots of Masterpull line strapped to Pastrana's Subaru someday :)

We currently have some sponsorship with Fleet Graphics, Linear Logic, Husky Liners, and Unichip for reference.

Our group is a little different, because we're not directly in an off-road group, but we do get alot of exposure and photography. 5-6 events yearly and every year.

Wouldn't be terrible to have some shots of Masterpull line strapped to Pastrana's Subaru someday :)

We currently have some sponsorship with Fleet Graphics, Linear Logic, Husky Liners, and Unichip for reference.

We will talk, maybe you can work in some ride along time for us at an event... :D

-Alex

So I learned some splices today, and how to make up winchlines.

Using a 50ft extra piece we had lying around I made myself up a Superline extension.

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

-Alex

Using a 50ft extra piece we had lying around I made myself up a Superline extension.

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

-Alex

Cool! You giving lessons? I need to learn how to do that. ;)

Willy

I learned how to splice once...I think I still have the old ropes lying around (haha Scouts...). If I remember right, it was slow and boring. Sick though Alex, I need a new tow strap, mines ripped from tugging people with no real tow points, hook it up!

~Scott

DSCN0052.jpg

-Alex

Alex, You don't give me that many opportunities to compliment you on line so listen carefully :laugh:

Those look like some pretty nice splices for a first timer!! From the pic's it looks like these synthetic lines might be much easier to splice than a more traditional rope.

Looks good Alex :shocked:

Michael

Alex, You don't give me that many opportunities to compliment you on line so listen carefully :laugh:

Those look like some pretty nice splices for a first timer!! From the pic's it looks like these synthetic lines might be much easier to splice than a more traditional rope.

Looks good Alex :shocked:

Michael

Thanks, and you are partially correct. Sometimes the lines are easy, like the amsteel blue for example. But with the stiffer and stronger lines, like the Superline that I use, it is a little more trickey.

-Alex

Back