• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The dumbest Cell phone debate thread: With poll!

What phone should I buy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you guys like having a phone with such a huge screen?
I really enjoy my note2, I am one of those who uses it mostly for everything BUT a phone 99.5% of the time. I despise talking on the phone. One of the things that pushed it for me was the phone+tablet, never really wanted a tab before and having the N2 makes me definitely NOT need/want one. The s-pen is great, screen size/res is great(5.5" 720p). Battery life is amazing compared to other smart phones I have had, even the S3.

It's kind of frustrating, That most Android owners insult Apple owners. It's Tasteless. If you have a Droid, and it works for you, Good! I'm not jealous, Its not "Koolaid" for you to be a Droid fanboi..

I have explained why, I as a consumer.. Enjoy my Iphone. It has nothing to do with "Koolaid" Right now, I am typing this on a Windows Computer.. I guess you can say i am not "Brand loyal" I enjoy Products that "WORK"

I still have my original Samsung Galaxy Android phone (Verizon Cantinuum)
I hated that phone.. weeks after buying it, it was slow, and Glitchy. and it only got worse

This thread was not intended to be a "This is why i like my Iphone" It was simply made to get to the Popular vote and see what people have and prefer.

Even today, I'm a far cry from hating Apple.. But I *AM* interested in seeing if Quality and functionality has changed over the last couple years with samsung Droid based phones.. I simply feel burned.. and skeptical.
I understand the whole "being unsatisfied" thing. I miss having a full physical keyboard myself, but the larger screen on the N2, and SWYPE/4th row of numbers only helps.
NFC/S-beam is nice, and S-voice is better than that dumb broad Siri. The capability of swapping batteries/expandable memory is nice as well. I know you stated that you "don't recycle/swap phones at short intervals", but there is a trial period for a reason. Granted, for most I do not think that the standard 14-day return is enough time, some places like here in CA offer 30-days. Even though I would say they are very different OS, I could see you figuring out whether you are in to it since you have had a previous android phone.
Your upgrade doesn't disappear after the specified date, so do not feel obligated to do so right away if you are unsure.

And depending on your provider (I keep forgetting if you specified yours) for the purpose of using an iPhail as a PHONE I hear it works good. I personally dislike the lack of customization and ability to do certain things.. flash for instance. Yes, ICS/JB do not officially support flash, but you can side load it (DL/install it from somewhere other than the play store) and it works.

The newer androids are definitely better on battery life than the early models. I remember my first droid wouldn't hold a charge for more than half a day, on light use. That was also back when you had to go in and manually "kill" apps to get them to turn off so your battery wouldn't melt. Hell, I actually ran an app that killed all the other running apps that I selected as "not necessary." The next version of driod fixed that problem, which drastically helped battery life. It's only gotten better with each new version.

I use the crap out of my S3 during the day. Calls, texts, internet and facebook browsing, GPS, taking pictures...etc. I can easily get a full day on a full charge. By far the best droid i've had yet...

As for the big screen, I love it. Makes it really nice to look up something on the web and not have to have a magnifying glass or hold the phone 3 inches from my face just to see it...

plus apple will kill you in your sleep if you root your phone. I forget the specifics but I think apple tried to sue people for jailbreaking, but it was thrown out or something. if someone knows more or im wrong please correct me.

There is always the risk of getting your UUID or whatever banned by apple if they detect a jailbroken device. One of my actual koolaid drinker friends (literally, he works for an apple store doing repairs and constantly posts the wonders of apple and how they are right to do this on his facebook) was extolling the virtues of apple and how they were completely justified in banning people for jailbreaking their phones last week.

I do, I like having complete control over my phone. Even if you jailbreak a iPhone, it doesn't come close to the capability of a rooted android phone.

That is one thing I like about Android. It is open source. Rooting a phone isn't for everybody, but I have to say, if you enjoy that sort of thing, the Android is the way to go. It is pretty amazing how much you can extend the battery life and how many innovative and powerfull apps are available once you are allowed to freely use your device.

For anybody that cares I run EVO 4G LTE, Lazzy panda, TWRP recovery, rEVOLTEd (sensless Asop) rom

shoot, even just the ability to save a ROM (a snap shot of everything on your phone, like windows image) and reload your backups is a nice freedom.

I like a phone that just works. I always laugh and android guys who talk about how great their phone is after they have to modify it to make it great. Why not have a phone that just works great out of the box?

I like a phone that just works. I always laugh and android guys who talk about how great their phone is after they have to modify it to make it great. Why not have a phone that just works great out of the box?

Apple = stock rubicon

android = built XJ

more capability for less cost, unless you hate working on it

I love my iPhone. Because it works. I need it to pick up a call and not freeze when I get a call from work, and I like being able to not worry about it shutting off in the middle of the night bc rooting it broke the software update so my alarm didnt go off and now I'm late for work.

I don't see myself going back to android.

Apple = stock rubicon

android = built XJ

more capability for less cost, unless you hate working on it

Well I'd daily drive / use as a moderate rig a stock Rubicon any day. I don't like having to mess with the items I rely on daily.

I may have missed which carrier you are with but I am with AT&T and have the motorola atrix hd. It is comparable to both the samsung and apple phone for half the price($99). Great phone, have had no issues with it. I had the GS2 before and liked the phone but had a ton of issues with it. After going through 4 phones in 7 months I finally got AT&T to replace it with something else and that's when I got the atris HD.

Back