• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The build thread

.......should get your women to wrench on it while you are on drill that way it gets done......maybe not like you wanted, but at least done :D

:roflmao:

.......should get your women to wrench on it while you are on drill that way it gets done......maybe not like you wanted, but at least done :D

....oops! I just noticed I said WOMEN and not WOMAN..........don't mean to get you in trouble their Dutch in case your woman reads your threads.........unless of course you have a harem or something? :greensmok

:laugh: Bit off more than ya can chew.........

Not in terms of what I'm doing to the Jeep. I just made poor scheduling choices. Between DNC, drill, trying to buy a house, and now all the holidays coming up it has been and will be slow moving. Oh well, not like I'm hurting for a vehicle.

ARISE FROM THE ASHES, MY CORPSE THREAD!

....knock knock, hello? .....Dutch you alive? .....yoohoo, you around?

.....Your Jeep is in pain, needs attention......... it's going; ".........heeeeeelp me, heeeeeelp me!" (like the fly with the human head in the classic movie "The Fly" :D

I know he is alive, I saw him a couple weeks ago with sexy new Porche brakes on his Audi...:gag:

Josh came over today and brought his Hobart 220v welder. We got the U-bolt eliminaters and shock mounts welded onto the 8.8. Then we installed my new BOR 4" Flex-E springs onto the Jeep. I just need to go to Harbor Freight and buy a bearing seperator so I can regear both axles and put them back together. I am going to hold off on the Waggy 44 for a little bit. Trying to focus on just getting the Jeep driveable again before I moven into our new house next month.

Oh, I also got the T-Case back together with the 4:1 and SYE.

Thats my update as of now, I'll post some pics later.

Just curious... do you have to do any special sort of welding for axle work? One guy I spoke with was saying something about "plug welding".

The only way of plug welding I know of doesn't really seem applicable to an axle. I just run a bead. The tube is pretty thick so I'm not worried about it not being able to take the heat. Maybe he meant stitch welding. You do that on thinner metal to keep it from warping.

If you are welding the tubes to the diff housing you're supposed to heat up the cast-iron diff first. Cast-iron is a pain to weld, especially to steel. I welded the tubes on the D44, but I'm not going to on the Ford 8.8 axle.

I agree with Frank, 8.8's are NOTORIOUS for spinning tubes...

Its driveable again!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I haven't finished painting it or herculining the interior. Also there is still a D30 up front. Still no long arms either. However, the 8.8 is in along with some 4.56's and a Powertrax No-Slip. Brand new brakes for the 8.8 too. Oh, and a Crane diff cover to match. BOR 4" springs, 1.5" TNT U-Bolt elim's, and 1.5" shackles out back. Spidertrax wheel spacers/adapters too. Oh yeah, and my 350$ set of 35's.

day9.jpg

day92.jpg

day93.jpg

day94.jpg

No front driveshaft, but in 4Low (has the Tera 4:1 now) it backed up my driveway at idle w/ no input to the throttle pedal. Not only that, but when the front tires hit the curb it actually chirped the rears while trying to drag them up. Then it got the front over the curb and I had to hit the brakes so it wouldn't drive thorugh the house. All this at idle.

For selfish reasons...... I'd really like some detail pics of those rear leafs mated to the u-bolt eliminators and shackles.

Looks good! :thumbup:

hey hey hey i didn't see that part im a little out of wack right now after taking several hours doing a tranny flush not knowing how to do it but i pulled through

hey hey hey i didn't see that part im a little out of wack right now after taking several hours doing a tranny flush not knowing how to do it but i pulled through

Heh heh, yeah you must be numb-nut.

A couple weeks ago, I was in my truck delivering that '92 I had for sale to it's new home and stopped damn near right next to ya on Bowles at Kipling. I hollered, whistled, pulled forward waving at ya...... you just sat there staring and waiting for your turn arrow......... The gal in the car between ours was giving me such a look! :D

Back