• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The build thread

Day511.jpg

Where is the breather tube supposed to go?

Mine came out of the arch here in this photo. If I'm remembering correctly.....

But it looks like yours is higher on the center section.....

Decided to take apart the front axle

first the hubs
Day62.jpg

Day63.jpg

Then the spindles and shafts
Day65.jpg

Day66.jpg

Day64.jpg

The the carrier
Day6.jpg

Day67.jpg

Oh and what about the fact you didn't have any of the mounts ground off or the axles drained yet? Just going to blame it on the Hobart? LOL Had to make a trip to Ace to pick up some cutting wheels. For some reason .035 wire doesn't like to fit through a .030 tip. I put a new tip on it works like a champ now. Guess I should pay closer attention next time before I haul it over. I just can't believe Hobart gave me the wire but no tip. I got home and looked through all the tips they gave me and no .035 tips. Just .030. Oh well. Now the welder works fine. I got a new spool of flux wire and ran a bead with it. Looks good and no wire breaking.

Well my deployment has been canceled for now, so thats not an issue.

That's cool!....................

I didn't realize you moved that far north from Northglenn, dang commute must suck. :lickout:

The heep is looking good, except you decided to do everything at once! I thought my garage was messy! :anon:

......I still have some 44's sitting there for my Dad's CJ-7 upgrade project for over a year now........he won't buy the damn parts to swap them in!

I work off of H119 and I25 so I'm actually no farther from work where I live now. Plus, no traffic so my commute is the same both to and from work.

Decided to work on the front axle some more. First I cleaned out the garage a bit more and got my parts layed out.

Day72.jpg

Old ring gear off.
Day73.jpg

Carrier completely apart and bearings removed.
Day74.jpg

Oops, looks like the pinion fell out of the axle. :D
Day75.jpg

I think something goes here.
Day7.jpg

Thats about all the progress I was able to make today. Partly because I'm lazy and partly because my kid is an attention hog. I keep telling him he better start carrying his own weight around the house and quit being a mooch but he just giggles and smiles at me. Sheesh, kids these days. :D Going to go look at some houses in Firestone and Frederick tonight so probably won't get much more done until tomorrow.

:wierd: :eyes:

I'm watching....

..go check out the thread; "..............I have wood.........pictures for you."

I told ya that once you have a kid your Jeep time would be neel.:laugh2:

I have the same problem! My boy is almost 1 year and constant attention, not so much he wants you to hold him but he is getting into everything...........

I have a growing list of things to do and every week I manage to get an hour to get one of them done................ DUtch it is only going to get worse ;)

Well my kid is just going to have to get used to it. It'd be a bit easier if I lived a bit closer to friends, then I could make them bring their wives over. :D

Meh! Once they discover the playstation...

XBox actually, and I've already got him watching Spike TV's Powerblock on sat and sun morning. Thats what gives me the little time I get, only downside is that when I go to check on him I tend to sit down and watch it too. :D

How's what coming along? My Jeep? I didn't even know I owned a Jeep anymore, all I have is a doorless chassis and a bunch of parts. :D

I had drill again this weekend so no progress made there. This afternoon I need to change the oil in my 93 S4, then I need to install my new brakes on the front of it. Can we say Porsche? Oh yeah baby, upgrading my front rotors to 12.3" w/ Porsche Boxster S 4 piston Calipers.

How's what coming along? My Jeep? I didn't even know I owned a Jeep anymore, all I have is a doorless chassis and a bunch of parts. :D

I had drill again this weekend so no progress made there.

Dang you have had drill like every weekend for like the last three weekends?

Don't be that guy that starts his build and takes a year to complete.......don't allow me to put up a 1 year anniversary post in this thread now......there is nobody around here like that is there?

.......should get your women to wrench on it while you are on drill that way it gets done......maybe not like you wanted, but at least done :D

Back