• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Biggest Letter writing campaign ever - For JV!!!

I can't write letters from work... the network won't let me. But i'll do some when i get home!

I just sent a dozen or so.

Sent plenty of letters and added a link to the page on my facebook. Hopefully that generates some more letters, as well.

I wish that OHV supporters in Colorado could get as galvanized against the Hidden Gems proposal by Rep Jared Polis D-Boulder.

Clearly, Johnson Valley and areas like it around the United States are not merely local issues, if the people in the OHV community do not show support for all areas affected.

This BlueRibbon Alert is forwarded to you by Del Albright, Recreation Advocate. Please spread the word and help us get comment letters to save Johnson Valley and the famous “Hammers.” Thanks, Del
BLUERIBBON COALITION, INC.
MEDIA RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Don Amador
Phone: 925.625.6287
Email: [email protected]
Date: May 23, 2011
National Trail Recreation Group Continues Opposition to Proposed Marine Base Expansion in Johnson Valley OHV Area
OAKLEY, CA (May 23) - A national trail-based recreation group continues its strong opposition to a proposed military base expansion into a popular OHV recreation area in Southern California. The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) submitted comments on May 19, 2011, that are directed to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the 29 Palms Training Land Acquisition/Airspace Establishment Study.
BRC believes all of the action alternatives (1-6) are basically "closure of Johnson Valley OHV area" alternatives. The action alternatives would practically or functionally close the entire 180 thousand acre Johnson Valley OHV area to public use.
Don Amador, Western Representative for the BlueRibbon Coalition, states, "BRC has reviewed the Draft EIS and continues in our strong opposition to the entire project including the proposed withdrawal. BRC believes the EIS is fatally flawed and is not in compliance with NEPA."
Amador continues, "BRC believes the Corps has failed to meaningfully explain the 'need' in the purpose and need section. Aside from not identifying the proper basis for an increased training land-base, the purpose and need statement blithely ignores any discussion of the balance necessitated by any project of this nature. BRC believes the EIS/project should be withdrawn and shelved given its fatal flaws, public objection to the project, and national economic crisis."
BRC continues to encourage its members to submit public comments by the May 26, 2011, deadline.
Link to BRC comment letter

# # #
The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. With members in all 50 states, BRC is focused on building enthusiast involvement with organizational efforts through membership, outreach, education, and collaboration among recreationists. 1-800-BlueRib - www.sharetrails.org

Dang...that is quite a turnout. Even though I probably will never use that trail, I pitched one in too. Good show of how the 4x4 community helps eachother out. :patriot:

Thanks for your help. It’s not a trail it’s almost 200,000 acres of open area ( drive where you like) with lots of trails!

It’s not a trail it’s almost 200,000 acres of open area ( drive where you like) with lots of trails!

YES!

Almost 200,000 acres of some of the very best trails on earth!

Here is an idea of how big it really is:
JVArea.jpg

With the Hammers map on top of it:
JVAreaURFMAP.jpg

Just some of the trails around the hammers area:
MCAGCCStudyArea03.jpg

The green is what they have now, the blue is what they want to take:
MCAGCCStudyArea01.jpg

:bawl:

Back