• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reposted! Save JV!

Letterman

NAXJA Forum User
For the ones that don't go into the land use forum:

****SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY! Pirate's First Giant Multi-Vendor GIVEAWAY FOR LAND USE!****

We need 20,000 letters to save Johnson Valley - Share this link and post it everywhere!!!

You could win some cool stuff too:

www.pirate4x4.com Link

Done-

I hate to be a negative nanny but... imo 200,000 letters wouldn't save a thing. When is this user side going to finally figure out what works, and the ONLY thing that works, is what the OTHER SIDE is doing. That is the lefties side, their favorite trick. Of course is LITIGATION.

When will the users (Dirt bikers, fourwheelers, etc.) ever get it in their heads? The lefties have been kicking our collective asses for 30 years. Yet we outnumber them 2 to 1. How? LITIGATION. All it takes is one Judge, one case. You don't believe me? The people of California spoke twice on the issue of Gay marriage, turned it down with a resounding thud. To get it overturned, to set aside the will of millions of people what did it take? ONE JUDGE. That's it, one case, one Judge. THEY WIN. WE LOSE. Get it?

You want to do something, start a litigation fund.

Well negative nanny . . . true or NOT, this is better then sitting on your hands!

Please there is only TWO more days to submit comments!

Lets flood them, they have to read each one, we can at the least make it a pain for them!

done. i wrote 3 letters .
as for the litigation thing, is anyone that wheels also a lawyer on here?

This BlueRibbon Alert is forwarded to you by Del Albright, Recreation Advocate. Please spread the word and help us get comment letters to save Johnson Valley and the famous “Hammers.” Thanks, Del
BLUERIBBON COALITION, INC.
MEDIA RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Don Amador
Phone: 925.625.6287
Email: [email protected]
Date: May 23, 2011
National Trail Recreation Group Continues Opposition to Proposed Marine Base Expansion in Johnson Valley OHV Area
OAKLEY, CA (May 23) - A national trail-based recreation group continues its strong opposition to a proposed military base expansion into a popular OHV recreation area in Southern California. The BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) submitted comments on May 19, 2011, that are directed to the Draft Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the 29 Palms Training Land Acquisition/Airspace Establishment Study.
BRC believes all of the action alternatives (1-6) are basically "closure of Johnson Valley OHV area" alternatives. The action alternatives would practically or functionally close the entire 180 thousand acre Johnson Valley OHV area to public use.
Don Amador, Western Representative for the BlueRibbon Coalition, states, "BRC has reviewed the Draft EIS and continues in our strong opposition to the entire project including the proposed withdrawal. BRC believes the EIS is fatally flawed and is not in compliance with NEPA."
Amador continues, "BRC believes the Corps has failed to meaningfully explain the 'need' in the purpose and need section. Aside from not identifying the proper basis for an increased training land-base, the purpose and need statement blithely ignores any discussion of the balance necessitated by any project of this nature. BRC believes the EIS/project should be withdrawn and shelved given its fatal flaws, public objection to the project, and national economic crisis."
BRC continues to encourage its members to submit public comments by the May 26, 2011, deadline.
Link to BRC comment letter

# # #
The BlueRibbon Coalition is a national recreation group that champions responsible recreation, and encourages individual environmental stewardship. With members in all 50 states, BRC is focused on building enthusiast involvement with organizational efforts through membership, outreach, education, and collaboration among recreationists. 1-800-BlueRib - www.sharetrails.org

Don't misunderstand my comment Letterman. I'm certainly not saying a letter writing campaign hurts any cause. I'm merely saying it does little good. I would assume this is due in large part to the fact most are either extremely brief or simply copied from one user to another.

Let me ask you guys, if you were a decision maker how much more influence would 5000 letters have over 500 if they were identical?

Finally to illustrate my point let me ask you guys a few questions, and if you answer them honestly you will see the point I'm trying to make.

1 - Generally speaking, have we (the users, ie: wheelers, dirt bikers, quads, bmx'ers, etc.) been losing ground or gaining ground in our battle with the left? That is to say, are there more or less trails than 30 years ago?

2 - Knowing full well what the answer is to the above question, what tactic does the winning group (the left) use; letter writing and adopt-a-trails or litigation?

Good Luck with JV, I hope it stays open for all to enjoy.

I stumbled upon these lefties while doing research on this subject. I have to tell you, they are winning the war guys. Just look at these links-

This one should hit home pretty hard. Right in our backyard. They win, we lose. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/eldorado-05-27-2011.html

The following links are examples of how the winning side uses litigation to accomplish everything from saving a fish to closing trails.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/atlantic-bluefin-tuna-05-25-2011.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/sea-turtles-05-31-2011.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/san-pedro-river-05-31-2011.html

We need to start gathering a broad based coalition to start a litigation fund. But how?

You have clearly missed the point and your negative and ignorant information just hurts a good cause, and I can't understand why anyone would try to be such an asshole.

In your research on this subject you should try to stick to what is going on with Johnson Valley, as your links just point out how clueless you are about the subject and you have no idea what the off-road community is trying to do for Johnson Valley.

I still don't understand why anyone from our community would be a "negative nanny" to this, but your stupidity has really disappointed me.

NOMINATED!

I stumbled upon these lefties while doing research on this subject. I have to tell you, they are winning the war guys. Just look at these links-

This one should hit home pretty hard. Right in our backyard. They win, we lose. http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/eldorado-05-27-2011.html

The following links are examples of how the winning side uses litigation to accomplish everything from saving a fish to closing trails.

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/atlantic-bluefin-tuna-05-25-2011.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/sea-turtles-05-31-2011.html

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/san-pedro-river-05-31-2011.html

We need to start gathering a broad based coalition to start a litigation fund. But how?

I don't beleive anything posted on the internet by those guys.

Money does indeed make the world go round, lawyers cost money. Funny how this guy that is calling us out for not financially supporting the cause has a back name. Supporting NAXJA is a start to financial support.

We(NAXJA) as a club donate thousands of membership dollars to land use causes each year. This money is then used to fight the court battles, among other uses of course. What are you doing to support the cause? How much money have you raised to support local land use groups?

Yes Bryan, that site is full of crap!

But lets get back on point, this is not about money, this is not about some made up endangered species, this is not about land rights or clean water issues!

This is not about some bullshit litigation!

This is about a military base expansion!

As much as we respect our USMC, all we are asking is they take the land to the east and not our divine and sacred land of Johnson Valley. This movement is show them how much this area means to us, by getting every person we know to send in as many letters as we can, and yes even if they are form letters, lets flood them.

Posting up that this huge consolidated effort by the entire off road community "wouldn't save a thing" and arguing a point that makes absolutely no sense to this struggle and is such a slap in the face to all of us.

You have clearly missed the point and your negative and ignorant information just hurts a good cause, and I can't understand why anyone would try to be such an asshole.

In your research on this subject you should try to stick to what is going on with Johnson Valley, as your links just point out how clueless you are about the subject and you have no idea what the off-road community is trying to do for Johnson Valley.

I still don't understand why anyone from our community would be a "negative nanny" to this, but your stupidity has really disappointed me.

NOMINATED!

Way to completely venture into name calling, topic changing, point missing, and displaying an intellect that let's simply say has "opportunities". I guess when you can't argue a point with anything that sounds like fact you resort to name calling. Have another Pabst Blue Ribbon while I try to explain what's been happening, is happening, and will happen.

JV, USMC is trying to expand West into the JV from their current location. OK that about sum it up? Does it get anymore complicated? The users are trying to stop them because we like JV and we are asking them why can't they expand East. This is simply TODAY'S battle. Of which we will lose for the most part, much like we've been losing for the last 30 years. And will continue to lose in the future. Why, because unsophisticated losers like you can't admit our stradegy isn't working, won't work and never has or will. The only thing that is proven to work is litigation. Did you even bother to go to the links I provided, how can you argue with the other sides success?

Answer this question; have we and our tatic of, "let's be the BLM, USFS, County of El Dorado, et al best buddy, let's show up at meetings en masse, let's write letters, let's show them were good people and we are in the right..." HAS THIS WORKED? HAS THIS WORKED? HAVE WE GAINED OR LOST PLACES TO WHEEL? Answer that f...ing question! You KNOW what the answer is, WE HAVE LOST MORE TRAILS than we all care to admit. Just in the last 20 years right here in the Eldo NF I can name at least half a dozen trails. The fact that Eldo NF is travel prohibited unless posted open is a huge loss. But hey, let's just keep our heads in the sand and write 20k comments letters that no one will read. Let's just keep calling a fellow wheeler who may have a point names like asshole, idiot, and ignorant.

When you guys wake up, and can point out exactly where I'm in error, without resorting to childish name calling, then we will have a conversation taking place. I'm not entirely sure you guys are capable of that though.

One more thing:

Did it ever dawn on you that maybe I care about this sport enough to admit when we are wrong? And maybe I'm willing to point out our piss poor tactics so that WE CAN WIN.

Are you so pig headed to not see the truth? WE ARE LOSING, THEY ARE WINNING. Why can't you see that?

You sir need to educate yourself! This is an administrative process of the Environmental Protection Act.
The process must be followed! Once the process is complete those who have written comments that point out how the process was violated will have a Legal Standing. Then and only then can a lawsuit be filed, if you did not comment you will never have a Legal Standing and you become part of the problem not the solution!

CORVA
The “Kick Ass” organization fighting for your access!

Back