• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thats it I'm going Rockwells

updated pics, got the main upper section done today, will be doing thetriangulation this weekend sometime if I get a lift install done in time
1455288-P1010245.jpg

1455289-P1010246.jpg

1455290-P1010247.jpg

1455291-P1010248.jpg

I already took 15" out of it, it is alot narrower than it looks and I want the engine to stay under the hood and anymore than that some parts of it would hang out

It does look alot shorter with the top cage work on, I have not relly decided on the fuel cell but am thinking around a 16 gallon

been busy with some customer fab stuff so I have not put as much time into it lately but have been working on the dashboard on and off, My plan is to mount all the electronics in it to stay dry
1460970-P1010287.jpg

1460972-P1010288.jpg

1460973-P1010289.jpg

1460975-P1010290.jpg

an entire day and noone has commented? Damn, you're gonna have to start busting out pics of some more heavy duty fab.

Dash looks great though. What's planned for gauges? I take it you ditched the heating?

xjj33p3r said:
Any updates? And why is this not in Advanced Tech anymore?

I agree, definitely Advaced Fabrication and Engineering. Apparently some people think that if you just post pictures of your Advanced Fabrication you have not actually contributed knowledge and insight on the subject. CRASH's sticky regarding the purpose of that section:

CRASH said:
Welcome to the new fabrication area of . This forum, for the moment, is open to members, only. We are developing this forum and tailoring it to the needs and desires of the membership. As such, we are going to use an adaptive management approach in moving threads around for a while. Some current and past threads will be copied from ModTech to sort of "seed" this forum.

I think we can all agree that a fabrication forum is sorely needed, as there is a definate dichotomy of postings in ModTech. My personal goal for this forum is to help push the boundaries of XJ modification. We have a very knowledgable and capable group of fabricators on this forum, and I'm hoping they will share their design ideas here.

As for ModTech, I want it to remain a good forum for answering questions regarding bolt-on products, etc. I hope the knowledgable among us will continue to freqent Modtech and help as time and desire allow.

CRASH

BrettM said:
I agree, definitely Advaced Fabrication and Engineering. Apparently some people think that if you just post pictures of your Advanced Fabrication you have not actually contributed knowledge and insight on the subject. CRASH's sticky regarding the purpose of that section:
I guess that makes sense. Thanks

I have been really busy with customer stuff lately so I have not had much time to work on it, I should have some more in the next week or so, I guess it is just not advanced enough for them so they moved it

Are you planning on keeping the blinkers up front functional? With the narrowed front clip, obviously the blinkers are going to require special bulbs, will the stock marker bulbs work for the corner lenses? Somewhere there's a thread covering modified blinker bearings to get around the need for custom bulbs. IIRC the bearings provide for a much smaller profile than that of the AA conversion.

:shhh: Bump

:photo:Anything to update?

EDIT: Ok, maybe the coffee is just a little bit strong this morning.

just currious as to weather or not you will be installing some type of bumpers on there? or will it be the minimum skids and recovery equipment?

i like the subtle bump thing

I have been really busy finishing off some customer stuff lately, finally got to the point that I was gonna get back on it this week and in rolls an Explorer that rolled, he chopped off the top and now I an doing a cage for it. I did manage to get the front suspension pretty much done, it is actually sitting on its front end all by itself now, I will get some pics tomorrow evening when I go over there to work on the customers rig for a while. Also picked up the brake pedel assymbly yesterday and 2 Wilwood master cylinders so now I can start figuring out the gas and brake pedel stuff, The radiator came in but the hose connections were backwards so back it goes and another will arrive next week. I will be hooking up all the lights eventually, but that is a secondary thing, I would rather get it running and rolling first.

Back