• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera Steering Issue

looks like you're heimin it now :)

I would sent them back and tell them your problem- I wouldnt be suprised if they could get you the correct thread cut into an unthreaded TRE.

might cost more but if you dont want to run Heims I would deffinaetly check into it- show them this link on naxja, let them see the problems and the pics-

Currie is a custom company, and a good one so far as I can tell- they will help you if they can.

good luck!

L.R.

91 Jeep Project said:
Don't be so sure..................;)

do keep me updated... I'm torn on the steering I want to be using... I currently have the Rustys setup, which leaves a little to be desired for me... I am debating about using a flex rod, right hand drive draglink and some weld in inserts and doing OTK like that, but I don't know for sure yet... that searchers setup is sweet too... let me know what you think of this when you're done

LilRedRover said:
do keep me updated... I'm torn on the steering I want to be using... I currently have the Rustys setup, which leaves a little to be desired for me... I am debating about using a flex rod, right hand drive draglink and some weld in inserts and doing OTK like that, but I don't know for sure yet... that searchers setup is sweet too... let me know what you think of this when you're done

Will do, should be at least driveable by mid week. I did ALOT of research before I chose something. Which, if you've ever seen my thread, I mean alot. When this is all said and done, there will be some things that I would have done differently. But I will let everyone know what they are.

If I were you I would just grind the spacers down and either:

1. Then taper the holes to match the Tera TRE. This may not work depending on how much penetration you got with the weld. The inserts that are there now may want to spin.

2. Take the insert completely out and have a machine shop turn you a spacer to put the taper back in. I did this to run 5/8" heims on my Ford knuckles for four years. The insert I had made basically took a 3/4" to 5/8" taper and made it a straight through 5/8" hole. If you give them the TRE and tell them you want a sleeve that is 3/4" OD and a taper to match the TRE it shouldn't be a problem.

The taper keeps it from wobbling in the hole. As long as it fits snug that won't happen but you do need to make sure you use a nut big enough that it can't be pulled through. If you do option #2 make sure you get a spare or two made because they like to destroy themselves when taken appart.

Back