• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tell me whats wrong here...

Isnt that the stock la bracket? I think it's just a bad photo/angle that makes it Look like its welded. At least I hope so. Would be a damn shame if somebody actually DID something that dumb.

The guys at Steel Nuts racing know what they are doing. They build some nice stuff. I am sure this is a case of a vehicle owner who didn't want to pay them the extra money to cut off the old brackets. It's not fair to make assumptions about them.

Sorry John, wasnt meaning to bash the shop. I was just wondering what type of shop would roll a jeep out like that, just wanted an opinion from everybody. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive the bracket is SUPPOSE to be cut off?

Would you guys feel like UTTER COMPLETE, MORONS if the owner came on, and posted pics of it NOT welded to the lca mounts? cause pictures dont allways tell the truth.

That welded like that, would handle like a mine cart, and the welds would probably break within a couple weeks, this aint kentucky.

That shit cant be welded.

I agree that it shouldn't be welded because of the obvious suspension problems. To me it looks like it welded. Hopefully it's just the angle of the pic and the control arm is just missing on the inside of the bracket. As for these Steel Nuts guys, who are they? I can't find any info on the net about them. It's not the same as the Loose Nuts sponsor guys is it?

i dont think anyone is dumb enough to weld the control arm brackets to the control arms. i mean, if you can dress yourself, you can figure that out. it does look welded but i'm sure they just hammered the ear over and tacked it to the other one for whatever reason. not the way i'd do it, but if you can get the jeep for cheap, who cares. it's a pretty clean jeep otherwise. much cleaner than what i started with.

If they installed the lift cutting the brackets off would be included and would be known by the installer. Only reason they would still be on there is if the owner asked to keep them.

It looks like the alignment shoe hanging down to me. Like was said before. You can run the IRO kit with the stock LCA mounts in place.

As for these Steel Nuts guys, who are they?
They are a local shop that builds custom offroad stuff. They mostly do cages and such but of course they take whatever work pays the bills. The control arm bracket was not removed but it would be impossible to weld the lower control arm from a y-link kit to that bracket. The arm runs inboard of the bracket.

Back