• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Taladega Nights

I thought the movie was ok. A couple of good moments but has nothing on Super Troopers. That movie was a good laugh.:thumbup:

Kim

See...I didn't like Super Troopers all that much. Except for the rookie beeeeeyotch line. :D I'm gonna give that movie another shot though.

I also agree the older SNL was better but give me a name from the relatively new cast that's gone on to something bigger/better that doesn't suck bawls. Adam Sandler? Rob what's his face? :speepin: Wil Farell brings the funnay. The French dude did slow the wit down to a halt. Lots of good one liners though. My boss and I were working on a Mission Statement for the Special Ed. Department today. I pulled one out of a hat and he was all over it and asked me how I came up with it. I told him I knew it was gonna be a good day today after I got up and pi$$ed excellence. :thumbup:

IXNAYXJ said:
Now that's sig-worthy!

:D:D:D

-----Matt-----

I figured someone would like that one. :D

It could definitely get funnay.

Blaine B. said:
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Definitely one of my favorites.

Love when he says, "I wanna be on you."

Blaine B. said:
How's the family? Well, we're getting divorced and I'll probably never see the kids again. That's fantastic!

:D Man...now I'm gonna have to put that movie in.

Must have been "stupid movie weekend"......I saw it on Saturday and while parts made me giggle, much of it was 5th grade humor.

Stereotypes NASCAR fans as bimbo chasin', rug rat raisin', deadbead daddy havin', IQ below 80 testin', do anything for a sponsor buck sluttin'.............:dunno:

XJEEPER said:
Must have been "stupid movie weekend"......I saw it on Saturday and while parts made me giggle, much of it was 5th grade humor.

Stereotypes NASCAR fans as bimbo chasin', rug rat raisin', deadbead daddy havin', IQ below 80 testin', do anything for a sponsor buck sluttin'.............:dunno:
I might have to check it out; I didn't realize it was a documentary.

-----Matt-----

riverfever said:
See...I didn't like Super Troopers all that much. Except for the rookie beeeeeyotch line. :D I'm gonna give that movie another shot though.

I also agree the older SNL was better but give me a name from the relatively new cast that's gone on to something bigger/better that doesn't suck bawls. Adam Sandler? Rob what's his face? I told him I knew it was gonna be a good day today after I got up and pi$$ed excellence.

Yeah, you have to watch Super Troopers at least twice to full appreciate it.

As for the best SNL crew. Ferrel is funny. But Mike Meyers and Dana Carvey were fawking hilarious in thier day.

Adam Sandler is funny too. Grandmas Boy was a great flick.

i totally agree i was all pumped for this movie and was greatly disappointed. I did not expect something like this from ferrel. I mean anchor man is by far one of my favorite movies i was expecting good things. I can't recite a single line from that movie.

But my all time favorite has to be super troopers, i swear the more you watch that movie, the funnier it gets. And what makes the movie soooooo funny is how it was made. It was made by a bunch of college kids studying to do filming. It wasn't any big gig thing thats what makes it totally awesome but my favorite line

Do you know fast you were going? Uhhhhh 65?? No, 63. Isn't the speed limit 65 though. Yes, yes it is.

Or pull over to the side of the road. im already pulled over, yeah man he's already pulled over. so pull over farther!!

I hope another good movie comes out because there isn't anything good out right now unfortunetly.

I didn't know that Super Troopers was made on that kind of budget and by students no less. I'll watch it again this weekend.

riverfever said:
I didn't know that Super Troopers was made on that kind of budget and by students no less. I'll watch it again this weekend.

Did you see 'Beer Fest'? It was made by the same crew and pretty decent. Not nearly as good as 'Troopers, but miles ahead of Club Dread, the same guys' over-hyped film.

See...that beer fest one looked dumb as h*ll. Interesting it was made the same guys though.

yes beer fest was made by the same people and i was expecting big things from that movie as well but i was well dissapointed. Though there were a few good parts in that movie, its another movie i don't remember a single line from.

I'm thinking all time favorites would be
Super Troopers
Wedding Crashers
AnchorMan
Old Skool
Ohh i can't forget 40 yr old virgin

I love wedding crashers that movie is the best. I think troopers and crashers are tied for first in my book. Owen wilson owns everything and anything he is the man i love it.

Rule #1 never leave a fellow crasher behind...... rule #1 lol ohh man how they came up with the funny rules i have no idea

The thing I love about movies is you can talk to almost anyone about them and laughter is definietly one of the best medicene. Just today we were having a conversation with our boss about 40 yr old virgin and he's all over there qouting the parts about when he's getting his chest waxed ohh it was great. I can't believe that part is real and what he says was not planned, OMG MY NIPPLES ARE BLEEDING lol too funny

Best line from Talladega Nights:

"Sir, with all due respect I wasn't aware that you'd had experimental surgery to have your balls removed."
"What? Saying 'with all due respect' doesn't let you say whatever the hell you want!"
"Yes it does! Yes it does!"

Back