• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&J cage install thread

FYI ... Jim moved on Friday and the internet connection at his new place won't be hooked up until Thursday

Well the lady and I moved into the new pad today. Long and successful day! Anyway, verizon won't be out here to hook up the new fios until Thursday. So I won't be very active for a while but may be occasionally checking from my phone. Anyway, most of you have my number if you need to get ahold of me or come check out the new place.

Thought I would give you a heads up he may not respond as quickly as usual.
Maybe Tom from T&J can respond about the kit coming with gussets but I don't think they are included.

That's a smoking deal... $650. Can this cage be upgraded to be race ready in the future? I know there is a lot of stuff that would need to be added...

How much would install be on something like this? I wouldn't trust my life with my welding skills.

That's a smoking deal... $650. Can this cage be upgraded to be race ready in the future? I know there is a lot of stuff that would need to be added...

How much would install be on something like this? I wouldn't trust my life with my welding skills.
It's pretty close to race ready as it is, I'll be adding all the necessary supports to make it race legal, and it'll probably only cost me another 150-200 in tubing. You can also buy a bunch of other addons from T&J's for the car, door bars, windshield bars, etc.

As for install, I'm not really sure, I'm doing the install with a buddy, and we're just winging it. Depending on who you have install it would dictate how much it is. Keep in mind though, you don't always get what you pay for, just cause some guy in his garage charges full shop prices doesn't mean he's a good welder. Shop around, talk to the guys at T&J, I know they do awesome work, I've seen it first hand.

would you say its possible to install this with the interior in it? with just the seats out? or does it need to be completely gutted fully?

would you say its possible to install this with the interior in it? with just the seats out? or does it need to be completely gutted fully?

I would say completely gutted unless you want to burn down the inside of your jeep.

wow $1700 it pays to be a welder

remember that includes 3hrs of removing and reinstalling everything needed to install the cage.

$1779 we do everything
-$300 stripping out the seat and what nots..
=$1479
-$650 the cage cost (red letter reg. $699)
=$829 labor

1 1/2 days of work and making it look clean.....priceless....:wave:

<<<link

Back