• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T&J cage install thread

Sweet it looks really nice and the price seems good too, let me know of any problems that you run into i might want to do this too.

hahaha, damnit I need a head first! I will definitely take you up on that offer though! Source me a cheap 03+ TJ head. Or steal one from work for me :D

F-U, I'll get one for myself first... Ohh, and mine didn't crack the head.:kissyou:

I hate you right now. On a side note, do you think I'll be ok buying a used head and just plopping her on without resurfacing it? Everdrive or whatever has 03+ TJ heads for 300 or so.

you have a 50-50 shot, good thing 4.0 heads are easy to take off.

hahaha, damnit I need a head first! I will definitely take you up on that offer though! Source me a cheap 03+ TJ head. Or steal one from work for me :D

not to hijack, but why the '03 TJ head in particular?

I'd sell ya my '05TJ head, cheap, but shipping from up here would be killer.

not to hijack, but why the '03 TJ head in particular?

I'd sell ya my '05TJ head, cheap, but shipping from up here would be killer.
Well the 0331 head casting from 2000 and 2001 are prone to cracking, mine did just that. I can go with an older head and work around a few issues that don't match up, or I can go with an 03 and newer TJ head that is still the 0331 casting, but without the cracking issue, and it's a direct bolt on at that point.

How cheap? I'm curious as to how much shipping might be.

Well the 0331 head casting from 2000 and 2001 are prone to cracking, mine did just that. I can go with an older head and work around a few issues that don't match up, or I can go with an 03 and newer TJ head that is still the 0331 casting, but without the cracking issue, and it's a direct bolt on at that point.

How cheap? I'm curious as to how much shipping might be.

PM sent about $$

I figured it was the cracking problem, that you were after the newer heads. You aren't concerned about the 'restrictive' flow of the exhaust ports?

Yea, sorry about this guys... life happened all the sudden, haha, I'm moving, cracked my head, etc.. I'll get back on it again soonish!

Hey Jim.... At this moment in time... My jeep is faster than your jeep. :moon:

Excellent build! It's been a while since I've seen a decent cage build on here. I'm looking forward to seeing it put all together.

question:

does the kit come with/are you planning on gusseting the corners when you get the full install done?

Back