• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake trip July27-29

On further examination it seems my hatch is starting to come apart. I've got two known cracks so far; I guess that explains why the spare tire started to interfere with the hatch.

Oh well, guess I'll passively look for a colorado red hatch now.

I'm not even sure how my hatch is still together it's cracked so bad... as long as it closes and the glass stays in, I'll let it ride!

I'm not even sure how my hatch is still together it's cracked so bad... as long as it closes and the glass stays in, I'll let it ride!

Pretty much my take on it. I'll adjust the hinges to go it to clear the tire and ignore it until it's gone. :gee:

I'll try to get a trip report up this week, but I'm still trying to figure out what time zone I'm living in. The only thing I have to say currently is a quote from Richard's first post on this thread:

Swamp Lake Trail is 14 miles long and is easy to moderate rock crawling and great scenery.[/qoute]

Easy to Moderate my ***!. One doesn't have the carnage experienced this weekend on an Easy to Moderate trail. Note to self: add two difficulty points to anything Goatman says!

David Bricker / SYR

I think Goatmans pretty much spot on. :p

"Easy to Moderate"... and 20% of the rigs had to be towed off the trail or were left behind....
I'm glad it wasn't Moderate to Difficult! 8>)

Got the jeep off the trail with no new carnage. It's been a nerve racking week with out my jeep. Good news is it was untouched :)

Got the jeep off the trail with no new carnage. It's been a nerve racking week with out my jeep. Good news is it was untouched :)

:thumbup:

Nice to hear it was left alone. I, too, would have been worried all week about what happened to the rig.

David Bricker / SYR

Back