• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summer chapter meeting

4xSanta said:
I prefer my summer stuff by the pool in Maui (the condo next door is available) and the distance is equal to all on the left coast.........santa
Count me in, If you get the itch to wheel we could just rent a Jeep from Hertz and beat the hell out of it!! ( will just buy the extra insurance).

FordGuy said:
Count me in, If you get the itch to wheel we could just rent a Jeep from Hertz and beat the hell out of it!! ( will just buy the extra insurance).

Renting a Jeep on Maui is Very Expensive. I was just there and they want $250/day for a wrangler, better to get the $30/day compact pay the insurance and wheel it.:anon:

as to location: Huntington State Beach... semi centralized... cool during the summer... plenty of parking

Brendan_91XJ said:
Renting a Jeep on Maui is Very Expensive. I was just there and they want $250/day for a wrangler, better to get the $30/day compact pay the insurance and wheel it.:anon:

You're just renting from the wrong place. Did a week rent in both Maui and Kauai for that price.

Try here next time, http://www.hawaiijeeps.com/

BTW, I am down with the meet being in Maui but Kauai offers more and better offroad places. :D Just tell me what dates I need to book my time share. :D

So folks... ideas? Come on.. throw areas out, talk about all the options. If you let this topic drop.... don't complain when the BOD schedules one and it's inconvenient for you....

Do you have a rough estimate on numbers, both people and cars?

is camping actually a requirement?

cal said:
Do you have a rough estimate on numbers, both people and cars?

is camping actually a requirement?
OK.. let me go through the requirements again:
1. a chapter meeting (M&G style with a raffle of sorts) where as many of the chapter folks can drive up and hangout and then go home
2. located so that the attandenace will be highest (thus no estimate on numbers as our events like that have varied from 20 to 50+)
3. family friendly
4. fair to the biggest group possible

Kejtar said:
OK.. let me go through the requirements again:
1. a chapter meeting (M&G style with a raffle of sorts) where as many of the chapter folks can drive up and hangout and then go home
2. located so that the attandenace will be highest (thus no estimate on numbers as our events like that have varied from 20 to 50+)
3. family friendly

Then the answer to both questions was "No."

I knew the listed requirements, I was asking for details based on what other people were saying.

Kejtar said:

It seems that the largest group of SoCal XJers, at least those that seem active and post often, are in the OC/SD area.

Also, wouldn't the up-coming Big Bear event have close to the largest gathering possible?

Maz said:
It seems that the largest group of SoCal XJers, at least those that seem active and post often, are in the OC/SD area.

And i would say that the most active arent in just one or two areas, we have very active members from EVERY area of the chapter.

As for the M&G in summer im down for pretty much anywhere, im willing to drive.

swbooking said:
And i would say that the most active arent in just one or two areas, we have very active members from EVERY area of the chapter.

As for the M&G in summer im down for pretty much anywhere, im willing to drive.
not that it helps but anywhere between chula vista and bakersfield is fine by me. camping or not doesnt matter to me. if i dont feel like driving home i'll find somewhere on my own if there is no camping. i dont travel much so i am not familiar with any areas aside from long beach and southern los angeles area, i wouldn't be much help deciding on a location. as long as it is on a saturday with camping and maybe some sunday hangout, or sunday all day with no camping, i will be there. depending on the date i may be able to take the saturday off, but not likely.

I am in! I really like the idea of Catalina though... seriously. Make it a weekend camp trip without the jeeps! just a good old family time! Plus some of us could boat out.... :D

scrappy again said:
I am in! I really like the idea of Catalina though... seriously. Make it a weekend camp trip without the jeeps! just a good old family time! Plus some of us could boat out.... :D
I call dibs on someone's boat if Catalina is the case :D

As long as its not held at 6pm on a work day, I don't care.

make it a weekend.

Back