• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summer chapter meeting

Kejtar said:
why only 4 people? Are you going to choose a 1 rep from south, east west and north? There are also various degrees of eastness and northness to satisfy requirements off. Don't forget the folks in SB, don't forget the folks in SD, don't forget the folks in Bakersfield. Remember: idea is for a one day event where most can drive to ;)

Yeah.....don't forget us Bakersfield folks! :)

I'd love to go, but it looks like my July weekends are already filled up. I'd drive down for an afternoon bar-b-que if it was possible. One thing about using a camp ground is how to get all the visitors in that aren't camping, would they have to pay a fee? Any parks around that you could reserve the group area? Or just a park big enough and bring some tables and not worry about the group area.

Nice to get good input from folks, but when the time comes to actually plan it, a small committee should be set up to work out the details.

Goatman said:
Yeah.....don't forget us Bakersfield folks! :)

I'd love to go, but it looks like my July weekends are already filled up. I'd drive down for an afternoon bar-b-que if it was possible. One thing about using a camp ground is how to get all the visitors in that aren't camping, would they have to pay a fee? Any parks around that you could reserve the group area? Or just a park big enough and bring some tables and not worry about the group area.
If you got afternoons free ;) You gonna come in April? :D

Nice to get good input from folks, but when the time comes to actually plan it, a small committee should be set up to work out the details.
I never said commitee is a bad idea. I just think it's too early for one :)

xj_mike said:
My .02 worth is, July for any place other then near the coast is going to be HOT!!!! Heck I am only 6 miles inland from the beach and it gets into the upper 80's so keep the location in mind. It might be nice now but what will it be in July?

Not sure about everyone else but I surely don't have any fun when I am baking in 85*+ heat.

FWIW :)
You're complaining about upper 80's in July?! Hell, we got upper 80's right now!! :D

SanDiegoXJ said:
Funny, 127* spawned my LAST summer there. =)

Walked out from work, the rubber siding melted off my black GTI. I opened the door, the rear view mirror fell off. Got home, applied for a job in Encinitas. =)
That was my first and only July there so far. Unfortunately, my new job is on the base there and land is cheap so we may be buying a house up that way...I've been contemplating painting the roof of my Jeep silver or white to try anf reflect some of the sun. Or painting the whole thing desert tan.

Kejtar said:
yeah.. that one would be tough to get I think for that time of the year at such short notice. Can you give them a call though and check availability so that way we see if they're an option?

Thanks
I will go down there a Lunch, I work 1/4 mile from Doheny.

I want to throw this out there...

It does not have to be in July!

It needs to be a time that is convienent for a majority of the group.

So, if folks want to choose June or August, that could be fine.

Location wise, the beach areas would be the coolest (temp), but not the most central.

Of course the most central is inland a little ways and will probably be HOT in the summer. But heck, we all live in a desert! Not like Rick and BlackSport desert though.

We could also do another mountain thing. Camping, fishing, wheeling, etc...

again, these are just some ideas and inputs from me as a member, not BOD. As BOD, once you guys decide on a time and place, we will support and help plan the event.

This thread is great and I do agree that a small "committee" should take point once the time and place is decided.

rpraterxj said:
I want to throw this out there...

It does not have to be in July!
Like it wasn't enough trouble to decide a time and place as it was :D LOL
It needs to be a time that is convienent for a majority of the group.
That is STILL a requirement. The idea is that it needs to be a reasonable same day drive event for most folks.
This thread is great and I do agree that a small "committee" should take point once the time and place is decided.
Yup.. committee once a time and place is decided. For now it's a free for all for input. I want to have everyon put their opinion in and be heard.

BlackSport96 said:
You're complaining about upper 80's in July?! Hell, we got upper 80's right now!! :D

Damn right. :D I pay for 72-78* weather and damn it, I want it! If I wanted to live in an oven, I sure as hell would not be paying this high of a mortgage, gas, food, water, etc., etc., etc....

I guess I'm spoiled as I work in a building that is about 500 yards from the cliffs at Black's Beach so it tends to be cooler and by the time I get home, the main heat of the day has passed. Yes, I suck. :D

Another spot......not centrally located though.

La Jolla Indian Reservation.

Let me explain;

Large area, dirt road(s), several large reservable camp areas, in the mountains, and a full time running stream that is the main attraction of the place. The steam is fed full time from Lake Henshaw.

I hang out there a week or two each summer, rent inner tubes, and float down stream (and down waterfalls!) I remember one time as I floated down steam, someone had set up a floating bar (complete with Tiki torches and appropriate decor) as we got near the 'bar' someone would ask you what you wanted, they would call it down and by the time you got there your drink was ready.....and at NO CHARGE! There was a tip jar though....

Damn..I wonder if its open today?

:D

Here is the Pricing on the Indian Reservation,

Campground Pricing

DAY USE (6am-6pm)
$10 day pass
OVER NIGHT USE
Fall/Winter Rates $20​

GROUP RATES
Area 1 $450.00 up to 10 cars (4) persons per vehicle
ea. additional person $2 each
Area-5 $750.00 up to 15 cars
The Hole $850.00 up to 20 cars
Area-7 $2000.00 up to 50 cars
*All trailers pay $10 each night*
**additional vehicles pay regular camping rate**
***A non-refundable deposit of 1/2 the total amount is required for all reservations***

R.V. SECTION
(water & elect./night)
Per night w/Hookup $35.00
Day use w/Hookup $25.00
$30 without hook up

Jump This said:
Another spot......not centrally located though.

La Jolla Indian Reservation.

Let me explain;

Large area, dirt road(s), several large reservable camp areas, in the mountains, and a full time running stream that is the main attraction of the place. The steam is fed full time from Lake Henshaw.

I hang out there a week or two each summer, rent inner tubes, and float down stream (and down waterfalls!) I remember one time as I floated down steam, someone had set up a floating bar (complete with Tiki torches and appropriate decor) as we got near the 'bar' someone would ask you what you wanted, they would call it down and by the time you got there your drink was ready.....and at NO CHARGE! There was a tip jar though....

Damn..I wonder if its open today?

:D
You do realize how far it is for the norhtern chapter folks, right?

Back