• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock chyco 8.25 weak points...

asp387 said:
have i mentioned enough that I HAVE A NO SLIP. it will only unload due to driver error or new install, from my experience. it operates much smoother and forgiving than a lock-rite.

here's a trutrac. learn to search.

DTT-Exploded-700pix.jpg

operates somewhat like an LSD but more like a locker. when it recieves torque, it will just lock up, but is a carrier replacement style locker that does not rachet. strong, simple and not that expensive for a carrier replacement locker. i plan on putting one in my D30 to go with my rear no-slip.

Yes i know you have a noslip, i didnt say WHO HAS A NO SLIP, whats your point? as for telling me to search, this thread has gotten 4 pages long, so there is apparently some interest in it. If youre going to be an ass then go on pirate but stay off my thread if you dont want to help.

As for the tru track, im not sure how much they cost but if aussie is supposedly selling their rear (when its for sale) for 300 ish i mine as well go for a Powertrax no-slip for the rear, but i too, have heard horror stories of rear lockers... then agian this isnt a lockright or detroit...

emr1101 said:
Really? wow thats interesting. Im going with an aussie up front so even with an LSD rear in the 8.25 i should be good. locking a 8.25 would seem to be maybe a lil bit far for it to handle, at least under extreme conditions and 35" tires. When i get it geared ill probobly have them put it in at the same time to save some dough. Since the front isnt always 4wd you wont notice the aussie obviously because it wont be engaged on the street, but wat does an LSD do in terms of tire wear?

I'd be more concerned about the locked d-30 than a locked 8.25.....

emr1101 said:
Yes i know you have a noslip, i didnt say WHO HAS A NO SLIP, whats your point? as for telling me to search, this thread has gotten 4 pages long, so there is apparently some interest in it. If youre going to be an ass then go on pirate but stay off my thread if you dont want to help.

As for the tru track, im not sure how much they cost but if aussie is supposedly selling their rear (when its for sale) for 300 ish i mine as well go for a Powertrax no-slip for the rear, but i too, have heard horror stories of rear lockers... then agian this isnt a lockright or detroit...

i was saying i have a no-slip because there have been several posts asking about the behavioral characteristics of it after i described it. i might have been a bit pissy there, sorry. if you noticed, i did say "learn to search," but at the same time, i gave you your answer, at least partially.

tru tracs can be found as cheap as about 400 online... i've looked off and on and that's the best price i've seen for a D30 tru trac.

i too am concerned with locking my D30, much more than my already locked 8.25. i'm going to expect to break shafts/u-joints here and there in extreme conditons only, ie, lots of throttle and/or with the wheel cut. fwiw, i will be on 34's.... i know this is just my own rig, with my own experiences but i've known a few other local guys that have had similar experiences in terms of locked front D30 failure.

Timber said:
It's listed under "used," but it's NOS. http://www.trailquest.com/used_Jeep_parts/index.shtml At the bottom.

that's a really really low price. the only problem is that it's for 3.54 and down... which is wrong. the separation in the D30 is 3.73 and up or 3.55 and down.... so for stock gears, this would be fine. for any amount of bigger than stock, it won't work which is unfortunate. that site is rather sketchy too.

asp387 said:
that's a really really low price. the only problem is that it's for 3.54 and down... which is wrong. the separation in the D30 is 3.73 and up or 3.55 and down.... so for stock gears, this would be fine. for any amount of bigger than stock, it won't work which is unfortunate. that site is rather sketchy too.
Yeah, I know about the gears, and their website is poorly done--but they're awesome to deal with. I've bought several things through them over the years and never a problem.

Timber said:
Yeah, I know about the gears, and their website is poorly done--but they're awesome to deal with. I've bought several things through them over the years and never a problem.

that's good to know.

Back