• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sprintex / Boostec Supercharger Install

agreed. Since it's just a sensor and doesn't have a dc/dc converter inside it, it simply can't put out more than its supply voltage even if it tried.

The exact supply/reference voltage doesn't matter too much as long as it's not over the absolute maximum specified by the manufacturer - the ADCs inside the ECU (if it was designed by any competent engineer) will have their AVref input wired to the same supply in the ECU that feeds the sensors.

BOOST! I HAVE BOOST!

Today got my 'piggyback' and wired it in. Tap 2 wires for 12v+and-, Cut and attach 2 wires to the CPS wire and Cut and attach 2 wires to the CamPS. Connect the 2 wires to the 7th injector. Connect the vac/boost hose to the manifold. THAT'S IT!

I had it programmed very conservatively with 1 degree timing retard per pound boost and a 7th injector fuel map increasingly proportional to boost.

Started and idled just like stock, drove around out of boost just like stock. AFR 14.7 in closed loop. Then into boost. 2 pounds and the AFR dipped to 13.5's, no detonation. It was hard to see the gauges looking over that big smile on my face. Then almost WOT and 6 pounds boost, AFR ?11.8-12's, no detonation and closing in on traffic real fast. Did a few more runs in and out of boost, 2-6 pounds, and home to look it all over. The cowl intake is loud under WOT. All looks well. Not a bad day even in 90 degree heat.

Overall was very impressed with the power/TQ. Intake temps around 130-140 degrees. Smooth transition to 6 pounds of boost. No detonation. No CEL!! So far no need to clamp the MAP sensor or the O2 sensor. Did I say NO CEL!! I am probably leaving some power on the table with all the timing retard I am running. But slow and safe to start. Time and Dyno Tuning will tell.

BOOST! I HAVE BOOST!

Today got my 'piggyback' and wired it in. Tap 2 wires for 12v+and-, Cut and attach 2 wires to the CPS wire and Cut and attach 2 wires to the CamPS. Connect the 2 wires to the 7th injector. Connect the vac/boost hose to the manifold. THAT'S IT!

I had it programmed very conservatively with 1 degree timing retard per pound boost and a 7th injector fuel map increasingly proportional to boost.

Started and idled just like stock, drove around out of boost just like stock. AFR 14.7 in closed loop. Then into boost. 2 pounds and the AFR dipped to 13.5's, no detonation. It was hard to see the gauges looking over that big smile on my face. Then almost WOT and 6 pounds boost, AFR ?11.8-12's, no detonation and closing in on traffic real fast. Did a few more runs in and out of boost, 2-6 pounds, and home to look it all over. The cowl intake is loud under WOT. All looks well. Not a bad day even in 90 degree heat.

Overall was very impressed with the power/TQ. Intake temps around 130-140 degrees. Smooth transition to 6 pounds of boost. No detonation. No CEL!! So far no need to clamp the MAP sensor or the O2 sensor. Did I say NO CEL!! I am probably leaving some power on the table with all the timing retard I am running. But slow and safe to start. Time and Dyno Tuning will tell.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your build as well despite the rampant childish remarks. :thumbup:

There is much info to be shared here to make a better product for everyone.

Here does this help. Stock speedo gearing, 32" MTR tires, haven't had time to regear/correct the speedo. That was a shakedown run, still more in it.:peace:

GPS 68mph, Speedo 60mph (looks 61 from the angle of the shot, it is 60)
2012-07-29201242.jpg

So here is the pictures of the control box that I had built and I am using. It mounts in the cab under the steering wheel. It retards the timing 1*/lb boost and it pulses the 7th injector(with each cylinder firing-6 times per 1 cam rotation) 1ms at 1lb boost and is linearly scaled to 3ms at 6lbs boost. The MAP sensor goes to <1 when under boost and b/c of the <1MAP the ecu goes into open loop. AFR's richen immediately upon getting boost and see between 13.0 at 1lb. to 11.5 at 6lbs boost. No CEL's at all. Runs smooth. The entire N/A time is controlled by the stock ecu just as stock. OBD has no issues and will pass emissions b/c when N/A it is stock. Still checking things and now that I got correct usb cable so I can hook up the laptop and make a few adjustments if needed.
2012-07-10132231.jpg
2012-07-10133603.jpg

That's a hell of a lot of conformal coating for something that's just in the passenger compartment, but I guess it won't really hurt anything unless you have to modify the hardware.

Probably more to protect the design and copying and vibration control. I guess I could have mounted in the engine bay but why with all that under hood temp.

Man that control box is sweet! I'm wanting a turbo setup.

It's been great and easy to hook up and program. All stock fuel and ignition when not in boost. Don't have to mess with the N/A end of it.

Even with a much larger TB, the MAP sensor still reads 1.5-2 vacuum at WOT. At this MAP reading there is still a minimum rpm threshold before going into open loop. Interesting that at less than 1"vacuum the ecu goes instantly into open loop regardless of rpm. I rerouted the MAP sensor so that now it sees true intake manifold vac/boost and when it sees less than 1" vacuum to 0 or boost it goes into open loop. Under boost at any rpm, and at any throttle position it is in open loop.
The best part is that when it is not in boost, the entire time it is running just as stock. Stock ecu, stock injectors, stock fuel and ignition tables, stock target air fuel ratios. The ecu is controlling everything just as designed. The overhead fuel mileage is accurate, OBD/EPA compliant, just like Jeep designed it.

Even with a much larger TB, the MAP sensor still reads 1.5-2 vacuum at WOT. At this MAP reading there is still a minimum rpm threshold before going into open loop. Interesting that at less than 1"vacuum the ecu goes instantly into open loop regardless of rpm. I rerouted the MAP sensor so that now it sees true intake manifold vac/boost and when it sees less than 1" vacuum to 0 or boost it goes into open loop. Under boost at any rpm, and at any throttle position it is in open loop.
The best part is that when it is not in boost, the entire time it is running just as stock. Stock ecu, stock injectors, stock fuel and ignition tables, stock target air fuel ratios. The ecu is controlling everything just as designed. The overhead fuel mileage is accurate, OBD/EPA compliant, just like Jeep designed it.
I could swear you've just confused/switched open/closed loop but I'm not entirely sure.

cobra i need some help with belt routing, if a blower say an M90 is mounted on top of the intake manifold like this

131_0803_10_z40l_jeep_xj_cherokeepower_steering_pump1.jpg

how would the belt routing be.. i just dont understand how the belt is routed from this photo

IDK, there looks to be a pulley below and to the right of the SC pulley with the belt wrapping up and around it, ?what is that pulley? It looks like the belt comes off the PS pulley to the SC pulley down to the left to a ?idler/tensioner pulley and then back up to another ?pulley(the one below and to the right of the SC pulley).
I'll try and look for some old pics that I have.

Any other pics of that setup? Throttle body area?

this setup was done by jeep mag i think , i got the pics by just googling M90 on a 4.0.

if its not too much trouble can you try look me up any sketches or photos for possible belt routing in this case

heres a photo of the throttle body area

131_0803_09_z40l_jeep_xj_cherokeethrottle_body.jpg

Its a think performance kit and there aren't any extra pulleys. Belt routing is stock configuration, but just pulled over the SC. The thing to the right is a radiator hose. It also uses an MP90 SC.

Back