• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sprintex / Boostec Supercharger Install

Its a think performance kit and there aren't any extra pulleys. Belt routing is stock configuration, but just pulled over the SC. The thing to the right is a radiator hose. It also uses an MP90 SC.
I stand corected, you're right. On my monitor it looks like the ribs of the belt but now I see it looks like that 'mesh' to protect the radiator hose. Good eyes.

is this ok? i mean is the PS pump catching any drive this way?
Yes the belt wraps around the PS pulley and then to the SC pulley and then down to the tensioner idler pulley. That PS pump has a remote reservoir.

Pretty much the same gas mileage.

The 7th injector works fine with gas hooked up as intended.
I have thought about using propane, but controlling it and tuning would be a problem. Using propane in addition to the 7th inj to help cool things down would be cool. But then again so would a 25 shot of nitrous.

Keep it jeep simple and use the 7th inj with gas.

Latest is added Water/Methanol Injection.
See my other thread, click HERE.

2012-09-02192431.jpg

Honest question. I read most. In the end, is it plug and play? Or do I need to do what you did with all the add-ons?
(XJ owner)

No, it is not 'plug and play', you have to solder 8 wires.

Under hood?

Do they give you a piggy back fuel/air mixture? AEM? Hypertech?

Thanks for quick reply.
Sprintex gives you no fuel/ignition controller. NADA, nothing. Just the hardware parts. They couldn't figure out how to do the tuning with the 7th injector, boost timing retard and open loop control.

Sprintex gives you no fuel/ignition controller. NADA, nothing. Just the hardware parts. They couldn't figure out how to do the tuning with the 7th injector, boost timing retard and open loop control.

Thank you :)

I noticed you have a few AEM boxes. I assume you done that tried that and it failed? How is it working now?

No, skipped past the AEM and used my own ideas and had a special purpose piggy box built. Got some bad advice on the aem, got one with the kit- all be it the wrong one#1910, and then bought a #1913-chrysler/Jeep compatable and with no support and difficult to tune, I decided against using the aem. It will work good if you are running larger injectors, but I wanted to use the 7th injector. Mine is and always has run perfect. Out of boost it runs on the stock ECU just as Jeep designed it and in boost the box controls the 7th injector, AFR, timing boost, open loop and MAP clamp. Smooth in and out of boost transition, no hiccups, stumbles, or anything.

If anyone is in the philadelphia/NJ area and wants to see and experience the SC kit/ride first hand, just let me know.

Back