• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Wrenchfest

Hey all,

It looks like Ill be off from work that day (June 15, right?)...of course, thats provided that they dont change my schedule (yet again!).

Anyway, is there any time to do a rear axle assembly swap? I have the C8.25 in the xj that is of unknown origin and want to swap in a known 29 spline (plus the current rear end has at least one bad wheel bearing in the rear). This would also be working toward my "man on a ledge" thread...I just swapped in a d30 on the front and that didnt cure my pulling issue.

Hope this works out :)

Bring it. I'd say we'll have enough hands to do it. I just have a valve cover gasket to do and that's it.

Don't forget' all my stuff gets fixed first. Haha!

I'm thinking we need to have more WrenchFest's. This seems to be a popular thing.

Don't forget' all my stuff gets fixed first. Haha!

I'm thinking we need to have more WrenchFest's. This seems to be a popular thing.

We'll get all your stuff done, after all it's your party. party1:

I agree. These things bring out a lot of NAXJA peeps!!

Well... After my truck got towed from parking in the wrong restaurants parking lot Saturday, and paying out $335 to get my truck back, I'm not sure I will have the money for fuel to get to this wrench fest :( I gotta save all my pennies for the crawl now! And hope my jeep needs nothing to be ready!
Sorry guys!

Well... After my truck got towed from parking in the wrong restaurants parking lot Saturday, and paying out $335 to get my truck back, I'm not sure I will have the money for fuel to get to this wrench fest :( I gotta save all my pennies for the crawl now! And hope my jeep needs nothing to be ready!
Sorry guys!

Boooo!

Update:

June 15th (7am - ????)

4116 Hollow Springs Rd
Bradyville, TN 37026

Update:

June 15th (7am - ????)

4116 Hollow Springs Rd
Bradyville, TN 37026

I'll get there as early as I can, and stay as late as I can, keeping In mind that I'll have a 3+ hour drive there and the same going home. I have to work early the next day...

That said, I think we'll get a lot done, and enjoy the company of like minded lunatics :D

I found a solution to get me to the wrench fest... I'll be bringing Mark's jeep up from Tyler's to save him a trip to Chattanooga.

I'll bring my tools, and ice if its needed...

I found a solution to get me to the wrench fest... I'll be bringing Mark's jeep up from Tyler's to save him a trip to Chattanooga.

Jeep tools or A/C tools? Glad to hear you are making it!

Glad to hear you'll make it. Is there a list of items to bring / needed somewhere that I missed?

I'd say that as long as you be sure to bring the tools needed to do your specific to do list that we'll be covered. Ed's shop is pretty well stocked.

This means I'll have both my Jeeps there. :D So I can work on both of them if time permits....

If anyone has a ball joint press, that would make changing u-joints easier. I don't have one.

If anyone has a ball joint press, that would make changing u-joints easier. I don't have one.

I do it with a vice, hammer, clamp, and sockets. I can help you with joints.

Ed I have a ball joint press ill grab.

Back