• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Wrenchfest

Cottontail:
1. Weld exhaust hanger. Will need the lift for this. Figure 5 minutes tops
2. Install hood vents. Will need help pulling off the hood and reinstalling. Can set up the hood on a set of sawhorses on the side of the garage. Figure it might take an hour and a half - just a guess.

Dave92:
Get box tube rockers wekded in place, already have rockers cut out and ready to burn in.

I may want to do a valve cover gasket replacement.

Cut and Paste:

Cottontail:
1. Weld exhaust hanger. Will need the lift for this.
2. Install hood vents.

Dave92:
Get box tube rockers welded in place

thechief86:
swap in front axle

High2By:
valve cover gasket replacement

Shortxjdoug's sister:
Radiator replacement

All this time.. and we never knew doug had a cool sister that drove an XJ! huh!

Cottontail:
2. Install hood vents.
3. Install longer brake lines and bleed brakes

Dave92:

thechief86:
swap in front axle

High2By:
valve cover gasket replacement

Shortxjdoug's sister:
Radiator replacement

Ed, I know you got a list of stuff too...

I need to rebuild some driveshafts, change fluids, and install an exhaust. I may get some of those things done prior to the WF.

I need to rebuild some driveshafts, change fluids, and install an exhaust. I may get some of those things done prior to the WF.

Ed, if you haven't done it already, I'll help you with those driveshafts ( If I don't end up working). I've done it several times... You don't want me welding up an exhaust though. I did mine and ended up with a couple of leaks where I burned a hole in the thin/rusty pipe

Cottontail:
2. Install hood vents.
3. Install longer brake lines and bleed brakes

Dave92:

thechief86:
swap in front axle

High2By:
valve cover gasket replacement (White Jeep)
Replace both tie rod ends and drag link (Gray Jeep) In case I don't have my white Jeep back in time.

Shortxjdoug's sister:
Radiator replacement

I'm planning on wrenching on the manche this weekend and maybe the 97 I've got as well. If anyone in the area wants to head down this way this weekend to take care of any of the smaller things ahead of time I'd be more than happy to lend a hand and some space in the driveway.

I see the date is set now... But I changed on call shifts, so I'm free all of June now.

if I don't do it before then, I will need to grease my fittings and change my oil. im planning on making this.

See ya there.

So whaddya guys and gals want to do for food?

I may drive up for this if I'm not wheeling...

4wd 5 speed swap a first gen Cummins?:D

I would not mind coming up to help out with some things. Mainly just to meet people from the club I have never seen before.

I only need to regear the front axle on my Comanche, but that is not exactly a get it done in one day activity.

Back