• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedo lights wont go on

latenights

NAXJA Forum User
1996 xj 4.0 aw4 173,4xx miles. So this weekend I was doing a little wheeling cause my friend got stuck in mud wheeling alone (not so smart). During that trip I went threw a mud hole and didn't see a rut that I hit pretty hard. I don't know if that did it but on the way home on the road is when i noticed that the lights that light up the speedo weren't going on. I have no idea where to start looking for this but I did go threw enough water that my headlights went under the water for a second so is there a fuse or something in the engine bay that mite of went?

If it is the IP light for the speedo only, and nothing else, then I would pull the cluster and check that bulb.

what about any other lights one the inside like the gear selector and transfere case shifter. are they on? if not check your fuse panel i would bet youll have one popped. and i believe if that fuse is shot the low fuel light will still come on.

Back