• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spanaway Moonshiners Swapmeet

WheelinJR said:
portland to seattle is more like 3.5-4 hours, how do you do it in less than 2?

its 3 hours ~173miles (google maps)

Started @ 1am so no traffic 90mph+ most of the way

Slacker87XJ said:
Joe, your jeep still goes 90? You need lower gears. :)
No, Ian, you just need more horsepower:

CIMG1156.jpg

-----Matt-----

That HAS to be sarcasm. Nobody I know has more horsepower that the guy running a blowby well in their jeep. ;)

And for the record I was counting both ways. Not often I drive somewhere and don't make a return trip.

Slacker87XJ said:
Joe, your jeep still goes 90? You need lower gears. :)

Yes my jeep still Goes that fast But I did that in my Caravan (1992-Dec2006 it will be missed)

I need a new rear axel before I get lower gears

IXNAYXJ said:
No, Ian, you just need more horsepower:

-----Matt-----

Whoa, you only turn 3 grand at 85?? :D I'm turning 3k at 75! Downhill! In a hurricane!

Besides, 64 horsepower should be enough for anyone. Any more and I'd poke my eye out. :twak:

mud1059 said:
Not often I drive somewhere and don't make a return trip.

I used to do that all the time in my van before it decided to break a part I didn't want to fix.

So, any of you that are coming tomorrow, be sure to stop in and say HI. We're in the brand new building, on the North end of the fairgrounds. We're on the North side of the building, closest to the center door. Look for PNWJEEP and CRAWL MAGAZINE banners!

J

Well, I just got home...

Was pretty fun, I hadn't planned on buying anything, but somehow I made it over to Avanteone's booth and somehow walked away with a Yukon 4.56 set with a carrier for my 35.

I hadn't planned on re-gearing my 35, but I'd really like to get my locker in the front, and it'll be nice to get to use it soon. At the killer deal I scored on it from him, I couldn't say no. I can't believe it was still sitting there this late in the day.

Last edited:
Ya, me and KarlVP stopped by Avanteone booth and walked away with a pair of his frame stiffeners for my current build-up. I was planning on doing something similar anyways and for the price this will save me a lot of work.

Over all I had a good time, I bought a little more stuff then I sold, but got a few things out of my garage. Hung out with some friends and got to laugh at some of the price people where asking for some stuff. One guy wanted $1,500 for an 86 XJ with a laundry list of parts that where NOT included, things like such un-needed things as Engine and transition. And did anyone see the $50,000 Jeep? Apparently his wife told him to take it to the swap meet and sale it so he put a $50,000 price tag on it so that he could honestly tell his wife that he tried, but no one bought it.

That was a heaven if you needed Dana 44 or 60 parts, or Rockwells.

Did you notice how everyone with a winch was asking for like almost new prices for them, even tho they all looked well used? I like the guy in the main building asking $75 for the $20 shucks portable compressors.

I sold all the junk that I bought there. Missed out on the last set of beadlocks by about 5 minutes. No biggie, I got the guys card. I got me a fancy schmancy new top for the TEE JAY. A header, and a new spare tire for the one that has 3 plugs in it.

Got to see some folks I usually don't and look at all the good deals and then the embarrasingly stupid deals.

I really liked the guy that bought my crappy old wheels for $70 after a big sob story regarding the fact that they look like ass but his girlfriend wanted "bling" rims for her Jeep. When we were leaving, he was trying to sell them for $200. Good luck to that guy.

I enjoyed watching the "Kids for Hire" hauling stacks of > 38" tires in Radio Flyer wagons earing $5.00 bucks per haul. Kinda like watching leaf-cutter ants carrying things 100X thier body weight.

Ended up with a nice deal on a Rockcrusher diff guard from Northridge4X4 and a Detroit for my front axle (thanks Matt!). OH yeah, and a deal on a subscription to CRAWL for $20 bucks!

- Jay

I had a good time, first swap meet for me. Didn't get everything I was looking for, passed a few things I probably should have grabbed but I was still able to walk away with

Set of 4 31x10.5's with about %70 tread
(8) marine post style battery terminals
Battery box
battery post cleaner
(2) clear fogs to use for back up lights

All for $130 out the door.

Tom

This one is yearly.

We looked around, got questions answered by Northridge, and took off to Portland to pick up a hard to find part for my GLH.

WheelinJR said:
Did you notice how everyone with a winch was asking for like almost new prices for them

Ya, I saw a couple of old 8274 with $850 tags on them. I figure 75% probably need a new motor which will run you about $200. You can get a new 8274-50 for that price.

Course a friend on mine got one for $500 so the deals where out there, if you looked hard enough or just got lucky.

Back