• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sorry about your luck...

bgcntry72

NAXJA Forum User
But it wasn't me.
5 miles from my house, though.
The whole world has gone fawking crazy.

BROOKFIELD, Wis. - Five people, including the suspected gunman, were killed in a shooting at a hotel in Brookfield, Wisconsin Saturday afternoon, police said.
Brookfield Police Chief Daniel Tushaus said the incident took place during a regularly scheduled church function at the Sheraton Hotel. The gunman died of an apparent self-inflicted wound, Tushaus said.

Seven to eight people, ranging from their early teens to their 60s, were taken to hospitals in serious condition, he said.

During a news conference later at a hospital in nearby Wauwatosa, a detective said "some" of the six people taken there have also died, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Web site reported.

"There is nobody else being sought at this time as a suspect," Tushaus said.

More information is expected at a briefing scheduled for 5:10

ECKSJAY said:
And my congregation wondered why I packed heat in church.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" - no idea who said it first, but that's from the mouth of a Christmas and Easter Episcopalian.

jeeplas said:
Of course Non-religious people NEVER shoot themselves or others. :wierd:

of course we do...

we just don't think there's anything wrong with it if ya deserve it...

:D

ECKSJAY said:
Less often than the rest of the world.

Are you trying to infer/suggest that religious beliefs/differences have caused people to kill others... for thousands of years? In numbers that can be counted in millions?

Preposterous

Gil BullyKatz said:
Are you trying to infer/suggest that religious beliefs/differences have caused people to kill others... for thousands of years? In numbers that can be counted in millions?

Preposterous

Fanatics will always justify killing, no matter the cause. I would imagine, in this case, the poor bastard that held the gun was metally ill. As always, it's a shame innocent people were lost.

Les

lbexj said:
...in this case, the poor bastard that held the gun was metally ill...

Find me a case where somebody else walked into somewhere and killed x amount of people then himself that wasn't mentally ill and I'll give you a sucker.

Gil BullyKatz said:

Preposterous

No way! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

:wave:

GSequoia said:
Find me a case where somebody else walked into somewhere and killed x amount of people then himself that wasn't mentally ill and I'll give you a sucker.
Not all people who do this are mentally ill, though most probably are. I would doubt the fanatics / terrorists in Iraq that blow themselves up and kill other people are all "mentally ill" ...

What kind of suckers do you have? :D

Les

lbexj said:
Not all people who do this are mentally ill, though most probably are. I would doubt the fanatics / terrorists in Iraq that blow themselves up and kill other people are all "mentally ill" ...

There's gotta be something wrong with you if you're blowing yourself up on purpose!

lbexj said:
What kind of suckers do you have? :D

Too bad this isn't the Den! :skull2:

GSequoia said:
There's gotta be something wrong with you if you're blowing yourself up on purpose!

Too bad this isn't the Den! :skull2:
Hmmm, is someone singing "candy shop" by fittycint?

GSequoia said:

Remember a while back when there were offers of financial rewards for the families of Palestinian suicide bombers?

"Well Son... It's time for you to get a job"

Back