• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Social security

TRNDRVR said:
Complaining? I was making the statement that I get the impression you have your panties in a wad. I have nothing to complain about not paying into SS. Doesn't matter what railroad I work for, I still wouldn't have to do it. You need to take a chill pill, your jealousy is showing. Choo Chooooo!!! :rattle: :rattle: :rattle: :laugh2:

Surely you jest? I am harldy jealous of an overweight driver of a Choo Choo train. And certainly not jealous of one that works at the taxpayers expense, yet comes to a Jeep forum to gloat about not paying SS taxes that most working citizens pay. But it is all good. I am sure many people would love to screw the taxpayers, get round, and gloat too. WAIT!!!!!! President Bush was going to fire YOU!!!! What happened to that? Come on.... Is the President still after YOU? Or did your tin foil hat help? :rattle:

Glenn said:
Fat Boy scum IMHO.
Name calling Glenn? This smiley is appropriate for you. :rattle:
Glenn said:
A perfect example why the Military rejects your type....
What type am I? How do you know I haven't even been in the military? You don't do you? Another grasp!!!
Glenn said:
overweight driver of a Choo Choo train
Name calling again. Figures!!!

I thought of you as being more mature than this, I guess I was wrong.

As for the tin foil hat, you should really ask yourself who should really be wearing one, you or me? I've told you before, and I'll tell you again, the VA hands out meds for people with your affliction. You should give them a visit. :wierd:

PS If you despise me as much as I think that you do, throw your weight around and BAN ME!!
flipoff.gif

Booo Hoo. Then stay out of a thread about SS that you admit to not paying in to. You jumped in, you dont pay, but all you want to do is tell us about your *not* paying. Would have been a good one for you to pass up.

I thought President Bust was going to fire *YOU*? Why are you still sticking up for Amtrack if the President himself is out to fire you? Crossed signals maybe? :)
TRNDRVR said:
Name calling Glenn? This smiley is appropriate for you. :rattle: What type am I? How do you know I haven't even been in the military? You don't do you? Another grasp!!!
Name calling again. Figures!!!

I thought of you as being more mature than this, I guess I was wrong.

As for the tin foil hat, you should really ask yourself who should really be wearing one, you or me? I've told you before, and I'll tell you again, the VA hands out meds for people with your affliction. You should give them a visit. :wierd:

PS If you despise me as much as I think that you do, throw your weight around and BAN ME!!
flipoff.gif

biscuitboy87 said:
because of privlage, not because of brains

Well, Hells Bells.....I guess if being an imbecile from a wealthy and influential family is all it takes to get elected, then Paris Hilton will be a shoe-in for the '08 democrat ticket.

That tired Liberal talking point about the President being dumb is really worn out. Before you accuse someone with an MBA of being ignorant, at least use spell check on the word, "privilege."

Glenn said:
Then stay out of a thread about SS.... Would have been a good one for you to pass up.
I can't now, I'm having too much fun with you. I can already see that you threw your weight around by moderating my post. I'm wondering if you're fondling your bullets or stroking you gun yet. I can only hope you're as pissed as I think you are. Too funny!

Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chooo Chooo!!!!! :wave1: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

biscuitboy87 said:
RKBA said:
Well, Hells Bells.....I guess if being an imbecile from a wealthy and influential family is all it takes to get elected, then Paris Hilton will be a shoe-in for the '08 democrat ticket... spell check the word, "privilege."

:yelclap: :roflmao: :yelclap:

Robert

TRNDRVR said:
I can't now, I'm having too much fun with you. I can already see that you threw your weight around by moderating my post. I'm wondering if you're fondling your bullets or stroking you gun yet. I can only hope you're as pissed as I think you are. Too funny!

Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chuggaa Chooo Chooo!!!!! :wave1: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Actually, I am watching Napoleon Dynamyte (sp?) for the second time today... I fell asleep the first time. Maybe it is better the 2nd time?

Either way Choo Choo guy, it is all fun. :)

bigshitboy87 said:

the privilege of getting more votes than the loser

sweet :)

you do know what voting is don't you? That's 53,000,000 showing they trust George Bush more than a fabricated hero and his invisible VP

MaXJohnson said:
If I understand it correctly, the Presidents plan:

a. only affects a small percentage of your SS deduction, topping out at 4%. I could see this being upped to 10% if the plan is a success.

b. is optional. You don't have to participate if you don't want to.

c. restricts how you can invest the optional amount. You would have a cafe plan of investment funds to choose from.

d. isn't paid out all at once. It's a long term investment so it can survive market downturns.

e. will likely be covered by some sort of goverment guarantee similar to how the FDIC covers bank deposits.

f. sounds good to me. I'm on the bubble.

Yes, remember the government will always get theirs first, but the proposal is a step in the right direction.

SSI/FICA is the only FLAT TAX the government applies to (almost) all employees.

The FICA flat tax is now 12%: 6% paid by the employee, and 6% paid by the employer (just think all these years you were actually getting paid 6% more than you thought you were).

What was the FICA fix in the mid 1980's? They raised the FICA flat tax from 4.7% to 6% (from 9.4% to 12% if you count the employer contribution). They also increased the age required to draw full benefits (for people who were in their 20's at the time of the fix it increased from 62 to 70 years old). The topping out income (when FICA is no longer collected) was raised from $65K to $87K (IIRC).

The fix gained an instant 3.6% increase in revenue for the government (per contributor), and up to an extra eight years of life long deposits (that's more than a 10% longer contribution term, per contributor), and an extra 12% of $22K for every "high income" contributor (another $2,640 per year from the "wealthy").

What do we have to show for the 12% (the extra 3.6%) contributions over the last twenty years? SSI/FICA is now a cash cow for the government until 2042 (as opposed to 1994 under the old plan). This is when the annual expenses will exceed the annual contributions (when the annual cash given to plan participants will exceed the annual cash collected by contributitors). SSI/FICA has never spent more than it collected in any one year, but the politicians have borrowed against the surplus collected every year.

SSI/FICA will not cost the treasury anything or increase the national debt until sometime after 2042, but it will become less of a blank Flat Tax check for politicians to spend without representation.

The Bush plan is an attempt to allow contributors to place an amount like the 3.6% increase in contributions from the 1980's into private accounts (rather than into the general SSI/FICA fund pool).

What does this do for you? Let's say you collect 3.6% of $60,000/year over twenty years? How much is this? $43,200. Add in the benefit of a modest return (6%) and it doubles in ~ten years. The initial contributions double twice (or more) in twenty years, and hopefully your income increases too, but in any case it is not unreasonable to expect the account to end up holding $100-$130K.

$130K is an extra ten years of $1,100 a month checks (I better start exercising to live that long, with the extra they collected over the last twenty years)!

Increase the term of that 3.6% investment to fifty years (from 20 to 70 years old like SSI/FICA) and the return can easily cash out $1,100 a month for thirty years (keep paying you benefits equal to SSI/FICA until you are 100).

If you can accomplish this fiscal peace with only 3.6% of your income invested, and at only 6% interest, what is happening with the 12% SSI/FICA collects now? The government is spending the difference each year, spending it like a flat tax but not calling it a tax.

The Bush plan calls for the 6% employer contribution to always remain headed to the SSI/FICA fund (even if you will never collect it). The plan with the most support calls for an employees initial 2% to SSI/FICA and 4% max to a private account. SSI/FICA will always be funded 8% of your income, regardless if you will ever receive anything.

Later modifications are proposed to allow the employee to invest up to 16% of his income in a private account, above the 8% mandated to go into SSI/FICA (a total of 24% of your annual income invested in SSI/FICA and tax differred accounts).

Serious doubts about the harm of market speculation will likely force the returns into less attractive investment performers (and the government wants a 0.3% maintenance fee), so the return is not likely to double for fifteen or twenty years (poor 3% interest rate). The fifty year term still has the investment pay out better than the current SSI/FICA (even with 1/3 the capital investment).

Take the equivalent investment in a 401K (even 8% of your income), with a few funds posting 10% returns, and you will never need to draw SSI/FICA.

MaXJohnson said:
the privilege of getting more votes than the loser

sweet :)

you do know what voting is don't you? That's 53,000,000 showing they trust George Bush more than a fabricated hero and his invisible VP

i voted for bush. i still dont think he's all that smart. and i have been called on my spelling numerous times...but then again i dont care about MY spelling because as glen said i AM a lowly ditch digger, so spelling is the last of my concerns in comparison to which shovel i have to use. besides, if my opinion offends you so much, pm me and try to change my mind. i am not above listening to what you have to say, but putting me in your scopes for my opinion. honestly, IMHO, he's the best we have for now, but there could better and since i voted for him i can pretty much say what is on my mind for the moment and take my ground there.
his record in some areas is quite impressive, but in other areas sucks...

biscuitboy87 said:
...but then again i dont care about MY spelling because as glen said i AM a lowly ditch digger
To Glenn, everybody that has an opinion that doesn't coincide with his is a ditch digger. Except for me, I'm a "fat boy scum" who has a welfare job. Lets see now, where's my bullets??? :wierd:

TRNDRVR said:
To Glenn, everybody that has an opinion that doesn't coincide with his is a ditch digger. Except for me, I'm a "fat boy scum" who has a welfare job. Lets see now, where's my bullets??? :wierd:

Agreed. Now, back on the train. :speepin:

Back